Swedish torch coffee!

Discussion in 'Wilderness & Survival Skills' started by Cody Hofsommer, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Cody Hofsommer

Cody Hofsommer

Dec 2, 2011
    I saw a thread and video of a guy making and using a Swedish torch to make tea. It was a rainy day and I needed a break and a cup of coffee. It worked like a charm. I cheated and used a piece of twine to hold it all together. [​IMG] thanks BF for showin this sort of stuff!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  2. mtangent

mtangent

Dec 6, 2011
    What are you meant to use?

3. Cody Hofsommer

Cody Hofsommer

Dec 2, 2011
    Something you would find oh in the woods I guess! A willow branch or bark strips or what ever you could find.

4. mtangent

mtangent

Dec 6, 2011
    I was thinking a piece of wire would be better!
    So much for my attitude.

5. Sharp_Canadian

Sharp_Canadian

May 28, 2014
    That's cool, how long did it take with the stainless to perc on it? I like to use an axe to cut a round of nice dry wood into quarters space them out evenly and give them a good wack with the axe to set them firmly standing up on their own. It's a good option vs fashioning some sort of twine/rope getup.

6. Cody Hofsommer

Cody Hofsommer

Dec 2, 2011
    Great idea! I didn't time it, but it wasn't long. I must have been drinking coffee in 10 minutes.

7. JGON

JGON

Mar 12, 2010
    Love me some Swedish fire log... When I want a big fire when I'm camping, that's how I do it now. Very little maintenance and it rages forever. I even found a hollow log once, and that was one of the coolest damn fires I can remember.

[​IMG]