1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Talk me out of a 112 FG

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by AntDog, Jun 12, 2019.

1. RevolverGuy

RevolverGuy

Aug 19, 2015
    I love the 112 FG and have medium size hands. For some reason the grooves on a 110 don't feel as natural to me as the 112 does. If you want to try the grooves before spending any big money on an ebony or custom 112, I would recommend looking for the discontinued model 422. Pretty much the same knife but with nylon handle. They can be found at pretty good prices on the used market.

JSutter and Old Hunter like this.
  2. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Just wanted to post a resolution on this thread. I wound up with a 110 LT, 112 LT, and a 110 FG.

My wife pretty much claimed the 112 LT right off the bat. The 110 LT has been my work carry since I got it. The 112 was just too small.

The 110 FG is a damn nice knife. I carry that one every chance I get.

JSutter, Grateful, Brhowser87 and 4 others like this.
  3. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Congrats and thanks for the update. That's definitely a bonus that she likes the 112 LT, sounds like she's on her way to becoming keeper:cool::D:cool:
    Is the 110 FG the new ebony?

AntDog likes this.
  4. David Martin

David Martin Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Yes, I like the 110 finger groove. DM

jbmonkey and AntDog like this.
  5. AntDog

Apr 3, 2001
    Yessir. She’s a beaut.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Very nice, I just bought one of the plain 110s and really like the ebony! That ebony 110 FG most likely will be my next Buck!

AntDog likes this.
  7. Scott321

Scott321

Jul 20, 2016
    Nice! I have to admit, when though I love my 112's, the 112 LT just felt like a tiny knife. Maybe it's the weight messing with my head. I don't often carry my 110's, but the 110LT gets regular carry duty.

Another plus... The 110 LT's handle is easy to modify and inexpensive if you mess up if you want FG's later on.

8. GPyro

GPyro Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2019
    I gave my ebony 110 FG to a friend.... At least now I have someone I know that I can talk to/ share my interest in Buck knives.
    He gets it
    Do I get a commission?.....

I think the 112 is too small for grooves. But the 110 is a nice knife. Order them all.... But you may have to return one or two.....

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    bucklife301, AntDog and jbmonkey like this.
  9. AntDog

Apr 3, 2001
    Got a new sheath for her in the mail yesterday.

[​IMG]

JSutter, JD Bear, Old Hunter and 2 others like this.