Tanto PM2!!

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by jstn, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Glenn Goodlett

Glenn Goodlett Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 6, 2016
    Took a minute but I'm in.

2. rye_a

rye_a Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2007
    I was thinking about the concerns about the cost of these compared to the standard, flat grind PM2s, and it occurs to me that the grind on these Tantos is much more involved than the standard flat grind with the hollow grind on the primary and flat grinds on the secondary and wedge. Maybe that adds to cost of production?

3. Ippon98

Ippon98

Feb 15, 2017
    I have one of these on the way, pretty darn expensive, but I have wanted a tanto PM2 for quite a few years now, it would be a shame not to have it in my collection.

At the time I'm posting 15 min after the drop, they are still available. Hopefully the run is large enough that everyone who wants in on it can snag one.

jbmonkey likes this.
  4. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    I grabbed one. I like this design. prefer without the dlc coating and a different steel, and a better price, but.......I was willing to trade off all of that dislikes for this blade shape, which I like.

5. Soulrack223

Soulrack223

May 8, 2007
    Picked one up for the collection but I'm holding out for a different blade steel for a user.

6. rpn

rpn

Mar 17, 2008
    In for one. Won’t hurt to check it out!

7. Roundg

Roundg

Apr 20, 2020
    Still in stock .

8. SubMicron

SubMicron Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Based on how much lag I experienced during checkout, it felt like their website was getting bogged down a little. For that reason, I'd be surprised if they're in stock for long.

jbmonkey likes this.
  9. rye_a

Apr 27, 2007
    Still available 46 minutes after the drop. This was seen pulling into Blade HQ this morning:
    [​IMG]

10. Roundg

Roundg

Apr 20, 2020
    Next week will be DLT Cruwear. Guess many people need decide between these two.

Kiteman72 likes this.
  11. rustyspike

rustyspike

Jan 17, 2016
    Got one. :)

12. 731Chopper

731Chopper Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 25, 2017
    This knife looks really cool but I just can’t bite at over $200 after tax. I’ll probably regret not buying in the future but oh well.

13. rye_a

Apr 27, 2007
    Finally sold out.

14. SubMicron

SubMicron Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 2, 2020
    2 hours to sell out isnt bad, especially considering they did virtually nothing to promote the knife except for a post on Instagram and Facebook.

Hopefully BladeHQ puts a video up on YouTube that includes more details about what's coming down the pipeline regarding the Tanto PM2.

15. knife_fan

knife_fan Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2012
    Price seemed inflated to me, so i passed.

Spyderco really limited themselves allowing the Tanto as an exclusive. They would sell a lot more of them if it was a standard model.

Rykjeklut likes this.
  16. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    On Instagram it says more coming. I don't think these will ever truly sell out. But just speculating since they don't share that kind of info.

17. brotherscinco

brotherscinco Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 2, 2013
    As for the price, it’s totally justified considering the complexity of the grind vs the FFG clip point. Plus the coating....overall it’s like $26 more than the standard DLC model.

With that said, a near $200 PM2 is getting a little ridiculous. Spyderco likes bumping up those prices consistently

woodysone likes this.
  18. lovescamaros

lovescamaros

Nov 17, 2014

The only reason why i wanted one was the tanto otherwise dlc and s30v is just ok.

jbmonkey likes this.
  19. Fred Sanford

Fred Sanford Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2006
    Too much cash for me. I'll pass.

20. brotherscinco

brotherscinco Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Just got mine.

My example has great fit and finish. See my IG @clipt_poynt

I would have done the tanto differently had I designed it, but it’s not bad.

woodysone, AF and Dadpool like this.