1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

The Artsy Craftsy, Hobbies, Sports and wholesome stress relieving activities GAW.

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by CelloDan, Nov 21, 2020.

1. chuck4570

chuck4570 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Dan what a generous GAW, the 3 lucky winners have something special made by you. Congrats to the winners!

Bigfattyt, Prester John and CelloDan like this.
  2. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Very very nicely done. You are a class act Mr. Cello :thumbsup: :) Congratulations to the winners - enviable and life time use prizes you are getting there. I knew I was out as soon as I saw the empty mixed nut container. If it had been whole unsalted cashews I woulds have been completely in synch and a sure winner - alas...:(

:D Cheers all.

3. brownshoe

brownshoe I support this site with my MIND

Sep 6, 2002
    The little snippet of your daughter's Bach indicates she is a musician, much more blessed than this hack violinist. I am sure one of your pleasures is to play your cello with her :)

Bigfattyt, Prester John and CelloDan like this.
  4. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Very well done, Dan. :):thumbsup:
    Once again, your bowls are fantastic!
    Congratulations to all the winners. :cool::thumbsup:

Prester John and CelloDan like this.
  5. Matt_WY

Matt_WY Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2018
    Congratulations to the winners! Dan, beautiful bowls, they really are little pieces of art.

Prester John and CelloDan like this.
  6. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    A wonderful and fun giveaway, Dan. Those bowls are beautiful! Love the violin music.
    Congratulations to the winners!
    :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

CelloDan likes this.
  7. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Really great GAW Dan! :cool:
    Your wood turnings are delightful and your daughters sound like a joy.:thumbsup:
    Congrats to all.

joeradza and CelloDan like this.
  8. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Congratulations to the winners! Thanks for a great giveaway, Dan!

CelloDan likes this.
  9. rje58

rje58 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Thanks! I'm really excited to see what I wind up with! All of the bowls are INCREDIBLE! Thanks so much and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone! Be Safe!

CelloDan and joeradza like this.
  10. kamagong

kamagong Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2001
    Congrats guys. Beautiful treen.

CelloDan likes this.
  11. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Dan, I would gladly choose the Opinel garden model.

Bowls, all look great. I'll take the lighter bowl with dark lines (ambrosia).

Thanks a bunch!!

Marlingspike12 likes this.
  12. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    There you go my friend

[​IMG]

13. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Sorry I missed out on this Dan...how did That happen? Ah well.
    I joined the Narooma Mens Shed last year and met some skilled tradesmen and guys who make stuff. Also made friends.
    Ive not only learned a lot but had the opportunity to have a go at things I always wanted to try but never seemed to have the time or equipment...theres a lesson right there....do it!
    Anyway I chopped down a 50yr old Olive tree for a lady. I took the timber and tried a bit of turning...as it was still green it cracked...the good news is Ive still got some big chunks seasoning away under the hoose.[​IMG]
    Cheers.

14. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Sweet! Congrats guys.

CelloDan likes this.
  15. Just Tom.

Just Tom.

Apr 24, 2019
    Great job Dan, and congratulations to the winners! Amazingly, the jet stream seems to have brought us incredible warmth down from Canada this year.:)

CelloDan likes this.
  16. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Congratulations, winners.

CelloDan likes this.
  17. Will Power

Will Power Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Tremendous draw, very creative all round and I see a Cool Siamese in there :cool:

Those bowls are superb, you should start manufacturing.....:)

CelloDan likes this.
  18. DavidABQ

DavidABQ

Jul 31, 2017
    What a great GAW. Thank you for putting it on and congratulations to the winners!

CelloDan likes this.
  19. CelloDan

Dec 2, 2017
    Hi meako, sorry you missed the chance on this one my friend.
    I remember you mentioning a while back about the olive wood you had gotten and wood turning.
    The seasoned wood should be good for smaller turnings :thumbsup: but I never tried it myself.

I once brought a ton of apple wood from someone that had cut a tree in his backyard.
    I found out later that apple wood is notorious for cracking and finally gave up trying to turn it.
    It burns very nice and hot though with a sweet smell :D

20. CelloDan

Dec 2, 2017
    Thanks so much every one for the kind words, I really appreciate them.

The Porch is indeed a welcoming and friendly place :thumbsup: :)

Here is a little video of a younger self ( about 10 years ago ) doing a live edge bowl.

I mostly self taught myself with you tube's help lol so some of the techniques shown are not optimal let's say ;).
    (I did get very useful feedback from experienced turners whom I showed it though :thumbsup:)