1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The first sheath from the first run - one for Lt Col Anderson.

Discussion in 'Koster Knives' started by Diomedes Industries, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Diomedes Industries

Diomedes Industries Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2007
    [​IMG]

Here is the first one to come off the bench. Brown sheath, 8-10 ounce leather, firesteel loop, removable dangler, Chicago Screw. I have started skiving the welt toward the bottom in order to get a better fit. The color turned out really well.

[​IMG]

A close up of the edging (I leave it highly compressed - but not shiney - they whole look is subdued).

[​IMG]

A close up of the dangler:

[​IMG]

A close up of the pouch opening:

[​IMG]

My Logo:

[​IMG]

A back shot:

[​IMG]

Dangler Removed:

[​IMG]

A close up of Dan's 01 blade recently received and sharpened. This on has quickly become my fave of Dan's line up:

[​IMG]

TF

2. Daniel Koster

Daniel Koster www.kosterknives.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 18, 2001
    Great pics!! :thumbup:

Dan

3. molly's survival

molly's survival Banned BANNED

Aug 28, 2009
    boy that edge looks wicked! nice sheath as well like'n the removable dangler...

4. Tohatchi NM

Tohatchi NM

Mar 26, 2002
    I like the dangler ring. Does it screw apart to allow for removal?

Quality job all-around!

5. Diomedes Industries

Diomedes Industries Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2007
    It does - you can follow the link in my sig to get one - or more. You can add them to existing sheaths.

Also - that blade IS wicked - Dan send a perfect 0 ground blade and it took me only minutes to sharpen it to what you see.

TF

6. Shotgun

Shotgun

Feb 3, 2006
    Very nice. The color IS nice on that one.

7. ChapmanPreferred

ChapmanPreferred

Oct 7, 2006
    Nice edge, but really nice sheath!

8. Brad "the butcher"

Brad "the butcher"

Dec 15, 2008
    perfect bush sheath with options, really nice work man!

9. w.t. anderson

w.t. anderson Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Can't wait to receive it - TF's adding a lanyard tube. I have an Arizona ironwood-handled Koster bushcraft knife and a matching ironwood firesteel waiting for their new pants. Again, great job and thanks!
    Cheers,
    w.t. anderson AKA "Bloody Bill"