The Just Hanging Out Thread.

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by cchu518, Nov 6, 2019.

1. PirateSeulb

PirateSeulb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 6, 2017
    I work with the public too but I do spend my time in the back office and behind a counter. When I do need to go out into the public area I usually take the fixed out of the sheath and lay it in my desk so I get it.

2. cchu518

cchu518 Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 6, 2013
    [​IMG]

Here's my "real life" #1. @sabre cat @Monofletch I received this one from Monofletch. He was sending me something and threw it in the bag. It was timely as I was without one after sending an Endura to another member in the PIF thread. Over the years I've been head first into the hobby and posting up new toys which is always fun. But like everyone else, sometimes you need to take a break from the purchases.

At the end of the day most of my everyday EDC have hardly a scratch on them as I don't really have a reason to cut anything on most days with a pocket knife. That said this Endura is my most used, most trusted, go to knife. I'm even happier that a member gifted it to me. Even my Spyderco Native which in many ways is the better knife just takes a back seat to this one. I've cut an entire winter's worth of cardboard boxes up for recycling witht this knife. Today I decided to sharpen it up, strop and clean the tape off the blade. It took all of a few minutes to get it back to shaving hair sharp. Something to be said about normal good quality steels. The latest and greatest steels are awesome but the knife industry has come a long way and even the regular 'ol steels like VG-10 do just fine. Using a beat old old crock stick system and a Henckel steel is my normal quickie sharpening routine for kitchen knives but I do this for general maintenanace on my folders as well. Thanks again for the gift John!

3. Worldwatcher

Worldwatcher Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Resurrection post! How is everyone doing? Haven’t been on here much lately. Hope everyone is doing well this year...

4. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    has it been long enough yet to start another PAY IT FORWARD THREAD?:eek:

Worldwatcher and WValtakis like this.
  5. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    Still here. Been a busy winter for me with more changes to come hopefully both with forum stuff and the day job. Been doing a lot of gear hunting for some backpacking plans the family has as I have nearly an obsessive drive to make sure my son gets copious amounts of outdoor experiences. Going to be draggin him everywhere with me this year if it all works out as planned.

6. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Is it Spring yet?!?!?!

Sharp & Fiery likes this.
  7. l1ranger

l1ranger Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 27, 2017
    Close Deinos, close.

Deinos likes this.
  8. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Always Embellish Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 14, 2012
    Im still around too...however sporadically.

woodysone likes this.
  9. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Where's around Coleman? The last I heard it was someplace like Africa?

10. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Still puttering around as usual;)

bikerector and Sharp & Fiery like this.
  11. Deinos

Feb 7, 2016
    Thought I would check in on y'all. Doing well here. Stay safe, boys!

12. jaseman

jaseman Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Still here. Change of ownership at work came with new internet restrictions, so I can’t access BF nearly as often.

Change of world affairs will have me furloughed in a week, so I may be on more often...

13. Monofletch

Monofletch Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 14, 2010
    I’m here too. Still hard at work while everyone “shelters in place”.

14. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Just another gorgeous day at the power plant:)

Screenshot_20200321-114902_Photos~2.jpg

15. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Oooh...what do the purple pipes do?

Sharp & Fiery and woodysone like this.
  16. WValtakis

May 29, 2004
    Cooling, purple pipes are "reclaimed water" from the Regional water treatment plant next door.

17. Deinos

Feb 7, 2016
    Week 2 in Ohio... things have calmed down a little in the stores, etc. Local gunshop doing drive up service... which is actually working pretty well. Stay safe all!

18. cchu518

cchu518 Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Here and present! I was downsized from my job in February. They shutdown the whole NY office. Nuts!

19. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Sorry to hear that:(

20. Deinos

Feb 7, 2016
    Wishing you the best, bud. Hopefully things will turn around quickly for you once we make it to the other end of this thing. If not, let us know if we can help.