The Kamis Need Your STUFF! New Donation Drive!

Discussion in 'H.I. Cantina' started by Steely_Gunz, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    As always, I want to reiterate how much of a joy and honor it is to be part of the rich tapestry of HI history. For the better part of a decade and a half, this forum has proven to be a beacon of good will and positive energy in the universe. Quite honestly, it is very, very difficult to truly be cynical about the world today because of my daily interaction with you fine folks. The generosity you have already shown with the Kami Relief Fund is so appreciated by Yangdu and all of HI. In those first weeks, cash flow was critical in procuring the immediate needs in the most timely manner possible.

That said, Yangdu recently let me know that our Kami friends are going to be need of both hard goods and textiles in the near future. Kanchhi is heading to Nepal in the fall, and she can take all of our donated goods over there with her.

Here's a short list of needed items:
    • T-shirts
    • Safety goggles
    • Welding goggles
    • Socks
    • Warm winter coats
    • Ect.

Please keep in mind that not only do the Kamis needs these wares, but so do their families. So, feel free to send over some stuff that their wives and kiddos can use as well.

I'm going to go through my coat closet ASAP. I accumulate jackets like my wife accumulates shoes. She's been on my to prune some of them for a long time. My daughter is growing like a weed, so I'm sure almost 100% of her fall/winter attire from 2014 is not going to fit her this year. All of that is going over for the kami's daughters. I've got at least a handful of extra company t-shirts that I can toss in a box as well.

I'm sure Yangdu will be able to chime in to add to the list. While this is a Goods Drive to help them stay on their feet, I'm sure some luxury items wouldn't be a bad thing.

Once again, the kindness shown by you gentle beings has been unparalleled. Without a grumble, without a fret, you simply gave, and that means so much. So, if any of you ladies and gentlemen have some extra clothing or tools to spare, their donation would be most appreciated.

Thank you all so, so much.

2. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Great! Time to weed out the closets! So much better than giving to Goodwill, who just resells the stuff for a profit.

3. thefox0602

thefox0602

May 13, 2014
    I have a bag of winter and summer clothing I went through this spring I'll go through and pick out the nicer items. They are just setting in a closet until someone has a yard sale.

4. Bookie

Bookie

Mar 25, 2014
    You got it, Jake! Stuff on the way. I'm afraid she'll not be able to carry all of it!

5. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Exactly what I was thinking.

6. Steely_Gunz

May 9, 2002
    You guys are awesome:) One way or another, we'll get it there somehow:)

7. blue lander

blue lander

Aug 16, 2011
    I've got a bag of new socks I don't need, I'll send them along too.

8. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    Sham Sarki and his wife is expecting a new baby soon and any of you want to send baby boy and girl clothing that would be a great gift.
    Thank you for the post, Steely Gunz

9. Steely_Gunz

May 9, 2002
    I think i might have a few baby clothes of Evey's left over:) I'll pack what i can find.

10. uluapark

uluapark

Aug 10, 2013
    ive got some camo jackets i can send over ,IF they are legal for civilians to wear in Nepal? i am size small mens, 36( i know, im a scrawnny fella).
    given the unrest in country do they allow civilians to wear camo( French CCE pattern smock).?

11. christcl

christcl

Apr 13, 2004
    I will start looking for items at home that are useful

12. Steely_Gunz

May 9, 2002
    i've got a box of stuff filling up. I hope to get it out by the end of next week after a trip up into the attic.

13. vcbvcbvcb

vcbvcbvcb

Aug 1, 2012
    Where should the stuff be sent?

14. philllll

philllll

May 23, 2013
    I've got a bunch of newborn clothes that don't fit Noah anymore that I can send!

15. Steely_Gunz

May 9, 2002
    Good on ya, Phil:)

They sure grow fast don't they?

16. philllll

philllll

May 23, 2013
    Yeah it is crazy!

17. gurkha berserka

gurkha berserka

Aug 16, 2014
    I will go through my closets today... I know we have a bunch of warms coats that need a good home. I will try and get some baby cloths from my brother. Great idea Steely!

18. Steely_Gunz

May 9, 2002
    This is straight from Yangdu:) I'm just full of hot air, so I get to be the mouthpiece;)

But I am hoping we get to send a big box of stuff over there. Hopefully between the needed items and some creature comforts we can make this difficult time a little easier.
    Also, I want to stress that even if you can't give anything (I know that times are still tough for some), just some positive thoughts and well wishes are always appreciated. :)

19. Dobe_1

Dobe_1

Jun 19, 2013
    From what I've read above, donations will be gathered, and sent this fall. That gives me some time, as I have been on the road for almost 3 mos. now.

Did anyone post an address for shipment?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  20. gunstockjack

gunstockjack Mid-low tech sexagenarian. Gold Member

May 14, 2011
    I'm putting a box of stuff together to send to Auntie, but I will need the shipping address.