The kids choose INFI

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Ladams19, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Ladams19

Ladams19 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 7, 2015
    When the TGLB BG came out, I wanted to purchase one for my kids. So tonight I laid out all the Team Gemini to let them chose their knife.....and the kids (8 year old boy and 11 year old girl) chose the older INFI instead of the new blades. I gave them the choice and they both liked the INFI over the SR 101. They both liked the Tan Canvas with the stripped blade (3rd from bottom). Still working on it not completed. Still need to get the last layer off the blade and shine it up a bit. The Citristrip took off the color but left this underneath. :D I knew there was some addictive pull of INFI, now the kids have proven that Jerry is putting something in this metal that makes you not be able to keep your hands off. ;)

Apologies if this post comes out bad, First time making a new post. Hope the pictures work.

[​IMG]

2. rcb2000

rcb2000

Apr 15, 2014
    That's awesome, good job Dad!
    It's only a matter of time until my 3 year old, starts asking for his own "sharp" as he calls them.

3. Stump Buster

Stump Buster Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2007
    More proof that Kids DO have a sense of true value at times!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

4. willic

willic Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2013
    Cool thread! Thanks for sharing!!! I keep a NMFBM in the coffee table drawer. The kids seem drawn to her... :) They know she's hair poppin' sharp, so not to unsheath her without me around.

5. Robdude

Robdude Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Wow, what a sick collection ladams19.. your like me in that you know that there is no better use for a knife than as a cherished gift from dad that will be dear to them long into the future.. an a Busse is something to be proud of. Well done!! Before I had children I pictured burrying an expensive bottle of whiskey that I would dig up with my son when we had "the man talk" ....fast forward to now, I couldn't have imagined the love I now have for my kids, now I see it totally different..the last thing I want to link to the excitement of becoming a man is alcohol or drugs. A nice Busse knife is a real gift that will do so much more for them.. an stands for so much more.

6. TormaxGP

TormaxGP

Sep 29, 2014
    If I would have been 1 of your kids i would have gone whit the second or fourth from the top :)

//Goran

7. Ladams19

Oct 7, 2015
    Amen to that brother. We think on the same plane

8. Mumbojumboo

Mumbojumboo

Dec 20, 2010
    many moons ago my 3 sons said, " Rodent solution(black paper muddy.... had to beg for that years ago) and swamp warden(in moss and the handles.. blank me running).". Kids are expensive.

[​IMG]2 mumbo fixed blades by mumbojumboo, on Flickr

they are hikers kids and don't want the weight.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  9. Mumbojumboo

Mumbojumboo

Dec 20, 2010
    And folders..... spoiled rotten they are....

[​IMG]10 mumbo gear out by mumbojumboo, on Flickr

freaking'. Moonglow manixs'.......I said no to the nightmare grind Striders.

10. theToad

theToad

Apr 16, 2013
    Same thing here. I have a heavy duty that my son has used on several trips now.
    Saw a nice BGAD and thought of him. Once we're back home I ask him which one he likes more the banged up HD or the shiny new AD? He went for the INFI..

11. Don't drop it.

Don't drop it. Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2014
    It looks like you only have enough for a knife for everyday of the week. You will have to buy some more for the kids ...;)

12. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Very cool anecdote! Also, sweet team gemini collection.

13. rcb2000

rcb2000

Apr 15, 2014
    Are those also moonglow sodbusters? Nice

14. TheMtnMan

TheMtnMan

Feb 11, 2015
    Great collection, nice pics.
    Is that Tan Micarta got darker after oil from hands and what not ?

15. Pokey1

Pokey1

Feb 6, 2011
    You gave them some awesome choices! :thumbup:

16. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    I can confirm your findings... All my kids have laid claim to my infi as well. If I'm left with the BG MOFO, I'll find a way to get by...;)

17. Ladams19

Oct 7, 2015
    Nature always finds a way lol. I love seeing kids mine or anyone else be interested in something real. Kids tend to congregate around video games or the fantasy world in general. I love the look of their eyes when they touch something real. I have already gotten then thinking about designing their own knife and we are going to build it as a group project. I want them to have as much into it as possible. Maybe it will mean something to them when they are older. Their Mom just does that "you'll put your eye out" thing lol. She's pregnant and just worries.....ABOUT EVERYTHING lol.

18. plue

plue

Oct 3, 2012
    Awesome collection there!

If they both chose the same knife what are you gonna do, have em fight to the death?

19. zmbhntr

zmbhntr ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿ Gold Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Great collection! Your kids have good taste.

20. Ryker

Ryker Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Ladams19 & Robdude, l like your style. I have 3 boys. My oldest is 4 & he was putting Brio train tracks in his pockets saying he had a knife like papa. This was after I had been wearing my ASH2 in a sheath I had just finished. I'm part of the Nintendo generation but I never had any game system, I was outside as much as possible. If all my kids have the same interests as me this is going to get expensive...but we'll worth it.