1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The Mighty Tek-Lok

Discussion in 'ESEE KNIVES' started by shotgunner11, Mar 16, 2009.

1. GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Feb 2, 2004
    Blade-Tech also makes an attachment called the Tek-klip that is very handy. It has the same dimensions as the large Tek-Lok but easier on and off the belt. It will also work for IWB carry.

2. alaus

alaus

Nov 11, 2007
    Thank You for this thread! Very helpful.

I very much prefer Tek-Lok over Molle

3. zombieHD55

zombieHD55

Dec 26, 2006
    I really like the ability to swap out the slider/shim and replace it with the sharp shim.

4. yort85014

yort85014

Apr 27, 2009
    Just came across this thread....great post. Sorry to bring it up again, but do they also fit the standard HEST sheath? I'm sure it has already been covered, but I can't locate, thanks.
    JT

5. matthewdanger

matthewdanger

Jan 29, 2003
    My RC-4 splits time between molle-locks on my drop leg subload and a tek-lok on my belt.

I have found that tek-loks can tend to shift on your belt and I use a simple solution that I am sure many of you already have the materials to execute. I always have inner tubes for bike tires around since they are so useful. All you need to do is cut a short length of the tube and sandwich in between the tek-lok and your belt when you close the tek-lok. The rubber serves to anchor the tek-lok to the belt and can be handy in case you find your self in need of a ranger band in the field.

6. smcclown05

smcclown05

Oct 17, 2008
    I wear a leather belt (a relatively thin one) and I've been able to squeeze my Tek Lok over two layers of it just to the left of my buckle for horizontal carry. It's tight but it goes.

7. MTechnik

MTechnik

Apr 4, 2009
    Great post, thanks for the info.

8. Col. Cornelius

Col. Cornelius

May 20, 2009
    What advantage does the Tek-Lok have over making belt loops with paracord?

I have been using paracord and was suprised how well it work,

9. Dorkhedeos

Dorkhedeos

Aug 25, 2009
    This thread should be stickied :thumbup: It wouldve helped me out a lot when I was ordering my knives.

10. somberbear

somberbear

Jul 14, 2009
    tekloks offer quick solid mounting to the belt... paracords more flexable... and fiddly... tekloks allow you to also set the cant (sp?) or tilt on the belt... which is handy for some holsters and sheaths. there also secure more then a clip is... and more adjustble.

personaly im not a huge fan of tekloks they dig into my chubby sides. but on a secondary belt there nice. that and paracord and tekloks ride a little high for me in general.

11. powernoodle

powernoodle Power Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Thanks, shotgunner. My lack of understanding about the tek-loks on Rat sheaths has been somewhat of an impediment to my first Rat purchase. Might want to make tek-loks an option with purchase, as it seems that so many folks use them. Very helpful thread.

:thumbup:

12. shotgunner11

shotgunner11

Dec 17, 2005
    Bumpded for Deerhunter.

13. Deerhunter2010

Deerhunter2010

Jan 6, 2010
    Outstanding, ty

14. abolt2

abolt2

Nov 4, 2009
    i bought two from my rat dealer. i put one on my izula and find it way better on the thicker belt's than the molle clip. i like the jump proof backing on the rc4, because it rides lower for when iam hunting.
    thanx for the post and pic's.

15. hoopster

hoopster

Jan 12, 2007
    Nice pictures Shotgunner. Much better than trying to give an explanation alone. My biggest complaint with tek-loks is the price. (ouch!) Other than that, they're way easier to use than the molle-locks. I guess they both have their uses. Personally I think the spyderco g-clip has them both beat.

16. shotgunner11

shotgunner11

Dec 17, 2005
    Ah, $12 bucks.... I've wasted more on lunch.

I really, really like the new tek-loks. Rounded with an attached locking member. Great design made better.

17. Spenceds

Spenceds

Jun 21, 2008
    Blade-tech has them for $9 on their site, definitely wasted more than that on pointless crap.

18. Murphyslaw

Murphyslaw

Aug 13, 2008
    Shotgunner,

Great post. Clearly, there are a bunch of options...if you think outside the box just a bit.

Here are a few more that are factory friendly (don't require any drilling):

Small tec-lok on an Izula sheath, horizontally, vertically and canted (for added concealed comfort strong side or weak side) ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    As you can see, there are at least 2 angle options, as well as a bit of latitude to raise or lower your carry, just by changing the mounting holes used.

[​IMG]

Only downside is that the small won't fit belts as wide or thick as the large.

...and RC-3 canted (just for you tactical guys who need the option of fast deployment with either Pecal or Sac Sac;)) with large tec-lok...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I only included these 2 RC models...but you all get the picture.

Chris

19. jnanson

jnanson

Feb 2, 2007
    I agree $9-$12 isn't much money but it is on top of what we pay for a knife that isn't designed to be worn on a belt which most people use to carry their knifes. Not ranting but I've bought hundreds of knives in my lifetime and several RATS and RATS are the only ones that don't work with belts with out buying something else.

20. Murphyslaw

Murphyslaw

Aug 13, 2008

RC designed the sheath system with the intent to provide the end-user with a good amount of latitude in attachment options, whether its on a belt, vest, boot, harness, or ATV, on or in a pack, or in your pocket. IMHO a refreshing alternative to most knife company's "after-thought" included sheaths. But then again, I tinker by nature...