1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 24 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Benchmade 535 Bugout, along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

The Missing Pages in the HI Catalog

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Nicholas, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Robin Shooter

Robin Shooter

Jan 12, 2003
    Thanks for posting all of these cool pics. I really dig that little karambit!

2. Nicholas

Nicholas

Apr 1, 2009
    All right, fellas, I'm a-diggin' this old thread up from the grave, not merely to keep it visible for new customers, but to ADD to it. For having just gotten a Khuk from a kami who's not mentioned on the site, I figure it's time to add a "Missing page" on some of the unlisted smiths: Sgt. Khadka, Vim, Get, "Little" Sher, and so on.

Someone posted some info in Vim just a little while ago; I'll have to dig it up. Meanwhile, anything on the others? I also presume that there's some whom I've overlooked.......

3. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    Nicholas, along with some help from some other folks you have done a magnificent job here and you are to be commended sir!:thumbup: :cool:

I haven't looked at the H.I. Website in quite a long while so I haven't a clue as to what may or may not be missing.
    With that said I did notice that the Manjusharee, I may have the spelling off as I'm going by memory here, is missing among the swords you have listed on what for me is the 2nd page, this is the third page for me.

4. Nicholas

Nicholas

Apr 1, 2009
    I'll look, too, but if i didn't put it in, I must have thought that they had it already...or something. I'll see if I can dig it up.

5. Nicholas

Nicholas

Apr 1, 2009
    Yeah, the Manjushree's definitely missing. But, there's plenty of room in that post, so let's just dig up some pics & info, and we can stick it right in!

6. Bladite

Bladite ǝɹnsıǝן ɟo uɐɯǝןʇuǝb Moderator

Feb 28, 2003
    Yup, as a helper in the bonecutter files, the Super CAK was a hybrid prototype... One and only so far.

Here's a flashback:

[​IMG]

ah, and here's a comparison shot with some older blade, some of which have not been seen in forever...

[​IMG]

top to bottom:
    rather large old skool GRS, 25 inches 42 ounces
    CAK - 23 inches, 54 ounces
    GRS - 21.5 inches, 43 ounces
    CAK - 20 inches, ?? ounces
    SUPER CAK - ...

sorry, my notes seem to be missing the last dozen khurkis i've gotten, including two bone cutters, and some i've sold.

Bladite

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  7. Bladite

Feb 28, 2003
    also, while i'm at it, there's quite a lot of variation in foxy follies. ranging from the original HEAVY and long beasts, to thinner and thinner version; then a gaggle in a wondrous leaf shape in the 18 inch range, at various weights; then some short ones, and lately, a neo foxy with a companion knife. good stuff.

Bladite

8. Bladite

Feb 28, 2003
  9. sta94

sta94

Jul 7, 2008
    For the Manjushree Sword, some info re: Manjushree, a Buddhist deity associated with wisdom and knowledge, usually depicted in Tibetan tradition wielding a flaming sword:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manjusri

Hope this helps :)

10. Cpl Punishment

Cpl Punishment

Jan 28, 2006
    I might have missed it, but is the Falcata in there anywhere?

There's also the Panjabi Churi (Yangdu's pics):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Nicholas

Nicholas

Apr 1, 2009
    Aaaaaallllrighty then:

Thanks to everyone for the info. The "Super AK" can go into the first page of "Special Runs." Interesting piece!

I'll incorporate the Manjushree info to its entry, ASAP. If I'm lucky, I may even be able to add something to it. (Good thing I've bookmarked Wikipedia.)

I'm pretty sure that I got the Churi, but that's a VERY nice pair of pictures!

The Falcata is on the main website.

I have to head out to a job fair right now, but I'll get cracking on this, as soon as I can.

12. Nicholas

Nicholas

Apr 1, 2009
    The manjushree sword has just been added. Other khuks (Amar, Batase, Bhaktapure Ceremonial, etc.) are coming soon.

I am seriously considering whether to re-organize the items already listed, here AND on the site, along the following lines:

"WORKHORSE" KHUKURIS (Ang Khola, Bonecutter, etc.)
    MARTIAL ARTS/LIGHT KHUKURIS (Sirupati, Kumar Kobra, etc.)
    MILITARY MODELS (BAS, WW2, M43)
    PRESENTATION-GRADE (Kothimoda, Dhankuta, Hanuman, etc.)
    ETHNIC/LOCAL (Batase, Bhaktapure, Katunje, Tamang, etc.)
    COMMEMORATIVE/HISTORICAL (Amar Singh Tapa, Bhimsen Tapa, Kancha Kami[?], Shree Ten Chandra Shamsher, UBE, etc.)

KNIVES: BOWIES
    KNIVES: R-SERIES
    KNIVES: OTHER
    SWORDS
    OTHER TOOLS
    SPECIAL RUNS
    DISCONTINUED MODELS

Would that about cover everything?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  13. OmarTrader

OmarTrader

Feb 17, 2009
    Those categories should cover it all Nicholas, is it too early to start thinking about site layout? if not i'd like to mock something up (I don't have any experience but i'd like to help with something).

Excellent work getting all this info together and pushing for a site redo. :thumbup:

14. nagod

nagod

Jun 29, 2005
    not sure if you got it already or where it should go,but 5 r.b. masterpieces were made.and discontinued immediately.better memories can probably fill in the blanks.

15. Nicholas

Nicholas

Apr 1, 2009
    "RB masterpieces"? I'm not familiar with the term, I'm afraid. But if there's something to document, I guess it goes in.

I'm not really "pushing" for anything; a site rebuild is far, far more than HI can manage right now. But as I add in more long-lost items to this thread, it gets harder and harder to know where to put them in. So, I just might start a NEW thread, this time organizing everything differently. But first, I have to get all this stuff together, so that HI can use it later.

(This whole thing started as just my attempting to be useful, but it's "rolled downhill" into a huge, long-term project.)

The site layout isn't something I've been thinking about; I only hope to improve the amount and the organization of the information. But, if you want to contribute something, or try something new, I'm happy to have the help!
    So, I figure that I'll work, in the long run, first on adding these last items to this thread, and then starting a new one for the full re-organization. This will take a LONG time, so don't feel rushed.

16. Cpl Punishment

Cpl Punishment

Jan 28, 2006
    From the recent pic thread:
    Bottom one is one of the Masterpiece models

[​IMG]

17. Nicholas

Nicholas

Apr 1, 2009
    Thanks, Corporal. It's a beautiful piece, and with its brethren, should make an interesting write-up.

18. Nicholas

Nicholas

Apr 1, 2009
    Thanks again; this explains a lot.

19. starboard

starboard

Apr 28, 2007