1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Benchmade 535 Bugout, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 16 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

The Missing Pages in the HI Catalog

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Nicholas, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    Nicholas if you're looking for odd ones and the like I have one out of five ever made very unique H.I. Khukuri's.
    It's a *WW II* blade with a *Hanuman handle,* the old style when the Hanuman was a much smaller and more manageable size than it is now and with a partial tang with no pin to ensure it stays on.The kamis somehow got it backwards as to what Uncle Bill wanted and ordered which was a *Hanuman Blade* with a *WW II* handle..... which would'a made one helluva khukuri, still would actually.;) :thumbup: :cool: :D

I was very lucky to cabbage onto the one I got as they didn't last long at all considering the mistake, but of course I doubt they would'a lasted very long if the kamis hadn't of made a mistake either.;)

If it's one that you think oughta be on the H.I. Website I'll try to get around fairly soon when/if I'm having a halfway decent day and get some pics of it and post them. If not then I won't bother with it until things settle down for me sometime in the future if they do.....:thumbup:

2. Nicholas

Nicholas

Apr 1, 2009
    No rush: in the past 2 weeks, I've found 3 or 4 more things that I'd forgotten to put on this thread, much less re-organized for the site! When I get those last few, we can talk re-organization. After all, unless we want to add a Bloopers! page, I'm not sure where we'd put a memorable "mistake"!

I'll get those last few, some time this week. Then it's on to re-organizing, if you're willing......

3. HARPERSGRACE

HARPERSGRACE

Aug 28, 2004
    bump...

4. Nicholas

Nicholas

Apr 1, 2009
    Heh, heh....thanks. What was I doing?:eek:

5. Duzzy

Duzzy

Sep 1, 2009
    Just found this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  6. Wolf_1989

Wolf_1989

Mar 30, 2007
    :eek: NOW THAT IS COOL!!!:eek:

7. Abaniko

Abaniko

Jun 2, 2006

Good gawd Almighty! :eek::cool:. That is very very correct.

8. Nicholas

Nicholas

Apr 1, 2009
    Another one for the list; thanks.

9. Duzzy

Duzzy

Sep 1, 2009
    I don't know if the "new" Kobra counts as a different model, but it's definitely interesting. Almost an anorexic pen knife.

I also found this:

[​IMG]

I'm going off of memory here so I apologize for any repeats. I swear there are HI Butterfly Swords somewhere but I haven't found them yet...

10. Ugly Duck

Ugly Duck

Oct 6, 2008
    They do exist! Nice rigs, too...

11. C.S. Graves

C.S. Graves

Jun 13, 2006
    Damn, nice finds, Duzzy! A few of those are new to me! Guess I ain't been here long enough. :eek:

12. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    This little gem was in the 2nd day of xmas DOTD 2008 :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BUTTERFLY SWORD BY ROYAL KAMI BURA

Overall length --22''
    Weight --27 oz
    Spine thickness --3/8''
    White metal gaurd, bolster and buttcap
    US purplewood handle
    Leather scabbrd with brass tip
    Fine work by Bura

13. Duzzy

Duzzy

Sep 1, 2009
    Thank you kindly sir.

14. Nicholas

Nicholas

Apr 1, 2009
    AUGGGHHHH! More work! (Just kidding.;))

Thanks, guys.

15. stickfred

stickfred

Nov 6, 2009
    Nicholas, I want to thank you for the good and informative work you've done. After reading the memorial posts for Uncle Bill, I decided to read the archives-which is where my head is at when not checking the DOTD. This thread has given me something visual to relate to many of the models I've been reading about. You have impressed me with the work you've done only being here six months. Kudos and thanks again.

Rick

16. Duzzy

Duzzy

Sep 1, 2009
    Anyone know what this one was?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  17. Nicholas

Nicholas

Apr 1, 2009
    Thank you; it isn't easy. There are limits to how many pictures we can put into one post, so edits and additions can be a bit tricky: you have to take an item out of the old post, replace it with the new one, and shuffle the old one into the next post!

Discussion is underway for a full re-organization of the site (ShadowChaserUFP, please drop me an email), so we may be able to get around that soon....probably by starting a new thread. So keep your eyes peeled!

18. heinlein

heinlein

Aug 23, 2010
    Re-reading this post I was wondering if the Sherpa knife is still being made. I've never seen one DOTDed. Not all the pictures came up for me. Can anybody post a pic of the Panuti?

19. SaMX

SaMX

Feb 23, 2007
    wow, that's really impressive. Was that made by the Kamis at HI?
    just out of curiosity, how much would one of those go for?

20. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Yes, it was made by H.I. kamis.
    They were selling for about $150 in 2007.
    If you are interested in getting one, simply email Auntie Yangdu for a current price quote.