The most useful knife I own

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by DocT, Apr 27, 2020.

1. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    [​IMG]

The Victorinox Pioneer X is the most useful knife/ tool that I own. It an do what even my high dollar Spyderco and Benchmade knives can’t. There is not much, day to day, that this lovely thing won’t handle. Just last night I was cutting a bandage to fit. Today, I tightened up the screws on the screen door and scraped some grit off of my air fryer. I’ve drilled, poked holes, opened bottles and jars, cut cane poles, stripped wire, screwed on a switch plate, you name it, its done it.
    The only thing that could possibly replace this would be a Cadet X.

2. Rich S

Rich S

Sep 23, 2005
    SAKs rule! I've carried a Tinker for about 30 years (actually two of them, first I busted). Also sometimes Super Tinker or Deluxe Tinker - all great, useful knives. Good to have tools that do something besides cut string/cardboard.
    Rich

Pomsbz, jackknife and DocT like this.
  3. Shorttime

Shorttime

Oct 16, 2011
    Alox Electrician. Put it on my Christmas list two years ago for kicks n' giggles. Ended up carrying it every work day, since.

[​IMG]

4. Ron Sabbagh

Ron Sabbagh Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Probably my Cutco 4" paring knife in my kitchen. I use it nearly every day for years for a myriad of kitchen tasks. It has seen much more use than any knife I carry.

allenC likes this.
  5. FLHTK

FLHTK

Mar 28, 2019
    I carry an Alox Pioneer X every day paired with one of my modern folders.

allenC and DocT like this.
  6. Venice

Venice Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2017
    SAK Executive here.
    [​IMG]

7. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2006
    My Spyderco Manix2.

Black Oak Bladeworks likes this.
  8. YellowSwiss

YellowSwiss

Sep 28, 2015
    Victorinox Huntsman

allenC and Jody744 like this.
  9. Stelth

Stelth

Jul 15, 2007
    Another Vic....My Centurian is carried most.

10. comis

comis Gold Member Gold Member

May 17, 2013
    Probably my 91mm SAK Mountaineer, the metal file/saw is great for urban setting.

[​IMG]

allenC and Grateful like this.
  11. mwhich50

mwhich50 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 18, 2011
    I have some pretty cool Alox SAKs, but I have to have my toothpick, and tweezers.
    I found one like this in my tackle box that I used in the early 90s. I think it is a Tinker, but it has dull matte finished red scales, instead of the shiny traditional scales.
    I use this at work. It seems of be very sheeple friendly.
    [​IMG]

allenC and Grateful like this.
  12. Planterz

Planterz Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2004
    Regardless of how I change up the knives/tools I carry, the 2 practically permanent mainstays are the Squirt PS4 on my keychain and a Victorinox Cybertool 29 (or "S" or whatever it's called now). Between the 2 I have scissors, pliers, an awl/reamer, an assortment of screwdrivers and bits, tweezers, and a ballpoint pen. Overall an extremely useful assortment of tools.

The knife I probably use most though is a G.Sakai Preppy (2nd cousin to the AG Russell 3" lockback). Extremely thin and lightweight, so much so that you have to remember you have it in your pocket when you need a knife (or do your laundry...oops).

[​IMG]

comis, allenC and Stelth like this.
  13. Smiling

Smiling

Nov 21, 2019
    Recon Tanto. I usually chop and hack stuff with it. I also used it to punch holes through stuff. I used it as a scraper on construction site... hell, I even used it on my food.

I'd consider saying Drop Forged Hunter, but I lost it while getting my dog out of water (got tangled into something like football net). So I no longer have it.

14. .577NE

.577NE Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2019
    I am glad to hear your pup I fine. You can always buy another knife, in the big picture they are just things. Dogs are not, they are special.

Smiling and Mitchell Knives like this.
  15. James Y

James Y

Feb 18, 1999
    My most useful knife is a combination of two knives: mu Victorinox Executive and my Pioneer. They each have features that the other doesn’t, that I use a lot.

Jim

allenC and jackknife like this.
  16. jstrange

jstrange

Mar 31, 2012
    Douk Douk. Cuts anything I need and opens Guiness bottle caps just fine. What more could you ask?

17. Stelth

Stelth

Jul 15, 2007
    Turn a Phillips head screw and open a can of stew.

allenC and jackknife like this.
  18. marsturm

marsturm Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Most any SAK is more useful, in everyday life, than a knife with only a blade/blades.

Smiling, jackknife, comis and 2 others like this.
  19. mushka

mushka

Jun 27, 2018
    My most useful knife on a daily basis is my little Wenger Patriot. The thing gets used every day for some small task or two. I also carry around an SAK huntsman but it generally doesn't get used very much. The Wenger has been with me for a very long time.

20. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    Simple humble Spartan. So incredibly useful.

[​IMG]

allenC and comis like this.