1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The Need for ITC-100, Plistix 900 and the Like...

Discussion in 'Hammer & Tongs' started by Rick Marchand, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Rick Marchand

Rick Marchand Donkey on the Edge Moderator

Jan 6, 2005
    It can't be overstated how much these coatings improve efficiency. I felt my forge was lagging and even though the inside still looked decent, I decided to give it a quick coat of ITC-100. It was fairly watered down, compared to how I would normally apply it to a non-coated forge. Maybe a 1/3 cup(after mixed) coated the entire inside of my 5x11 forge cavity. It was a very THIN touch up. The difference was VERY noticeable. I don't care how much the stuff costs ... I will continue to use it faithfully.

2. Beanman13

Beanman13

Feb 18, 2006
    Thanks for the suggestion Rick. I have a one brick forge and am gathering the components for a tank/cylinder forge that would both benefit from it from the sound of things.

Does the ITC-100 have a place in a heat treat oven or more just for forges?

Zed

3. Rick Marchand

Rick Marchand Donkey on the Edge Moderator

Jan 6, 2005
    Most kiln bricks are made to do the same thing. I don't think it would hurt but I'm not sure if it is necessary.