The one knife you will never sell

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by [email protected], Apr 15, 2016.

1. nails1908@gmail.com

[email protected] Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Pretty straight forward. But to make the thread more interesting, let's stick to knives that are worth more than $50. I'm not going to sell a $30 knife because I'm likely to get $15 bucks for it and it's just not worth it.

I don't have the collection that many of you do. The XM-18 I own is far and away the most expensive knife I own.

For me it would probably be the Spyderco Gayle Bradley. Especially since this is a discontinued model.

2. darsk20

darsk20 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2016
    I don't have an extensive collection either but . . . My Benchmade AFCK and one that is on it's way, a custom Protech Whiskers Magic.

Granted I haven't ever sold a knife to begin with so I might as well say that I will sell none of them [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

3. SW-EDC

SW-EDC Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 4, 2015
    A vintage OD survival knife and cordura sheath I have but on the pocket end, my Protech TR-5.

4. JPD1998

JPD1998 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 18, 2004
    This was a Christmas gift from my parents back in the 1970's. It's the only knife in my 250+ knife accumulation that I would never sell.
    The only other one is a CRK Umnumzaan my wife bought me for my 50th b'day 7 years ago.
    All the others mean nothing to me.

[​IMG]

5. aleforme

aleforme Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Probably my Buck 118. My dad and used it to field dress a lot of deer when I was younger.

That and my old beat to hell Case XX Barlow that has been with me for many many years.

6. WadeWilson

WadeWilson

Mar 21, 2011
    I have a Chris Reeve Umnumzaan that was gifted to me. I don't think I could ever give it up. Plus it's just a really great user.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  7. eon blue apocalypse

eon blue apocalypse

Apr 11, 2015
    Any of the ones from my grandfather.

8. Stubai

Stubai

Mar 16, 2007
    The one that has the most value to me on a personal level is my now thoroughly if not vehemently used Basic 9. It has been my companion on many a hunt, was lost a few times and found the way back to me. I loaned it out twice, and the second (and last) time the blade remained removed from my hand for over a year. That old Busse has been my companion on a slew of adventures.

Honorable mention goes out to my six inch #1 by Bo. That would be another tough knife to part with!

9. AusLoX

AusLoX

Jan 23, 2015
    My grandfather's case peanut and my dads buck 110

10. PURPLEDC

PURPLEDC

Apr 4, 2007
    I don't have one. I've said it way too many times and every one of them is gone. I get bored with things and so I keep knives on a rotation in carry as well as ownership

11. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Mission MPF Ti.

12. Gaston444

Gaston444

Oct 1, 2014
    I never sell anything. I give or throw away.

I find getting close to market value takes too much patience.

Liles, Cox and and Voorhis hollow handles I will never get rid of, as they function as intended. Gerber Gardian II and the Katz Alleycat are keepers too.

Gaston

13. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Are you excluding sentimental knives ? Because
    I have my grandmas pink sak classic, and my grandpa's yellow one that was in his pocket when he died. my first year leatherman micra. ( there's a story to it )
    My buck 110 was my graduation present, and I have a schrade 33OT that my dad was sent while in the army. There's also my late 60's western f48a .
    Non sentimental would be my case sodbuster Jr, and my buck 482.

If you were to ask me what my one non special / sentimental knife was that I'd never sell it would be my buck 482.

14. garonna

garonna

May 25, 2008
    Regular Sebenza BG42

15. Boats

Boats

Aug 7, 2003
    The Buck 110 I carried on active duty. (Sentimental)

Skookum Bush Tool Mk. 1 in 3v (Waited too damn long for it to replace it).

Spydie Millie Left Hand (Currently disco'd)

16. UDIVER

UDIVER Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 10, 2013
    My PDW Emerson SpecWar and probably my BK7 which has a ton of work done to it.

17. palonej

palonej Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 5, 2015
    This one! It's a 710-1401 my sons surprised me with! They had their initials engraved on the blade.....the. I sent it to Steve Ketchen for a little dress up!!
    I will NEVER sell this one! It's also an absolutely fantastic knife!!!
    Joe

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. palonej

palonej Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Had to put one more in the never sell category!!
    A good friend here on the forum, Kelama, knew I was looking for a MT Socom Elite......and he parted with this one for a song!!
    Can you say appreciation??? And it's an auto!!! And it's MINT!!! And John rocks!!!
    Joe

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    Cattaraugus 225Q ... My grandfather's combat knife in Europe. Looked like crap when I inherited it. I tore it apart and rebuilt the handle. It still gets carried occasionally.

[​IMG]

It very likely has bodies on it.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  20. JTR357

JTR357

Sep 10, 2007
    This old 635.It wasn't very expensive compared to others I have.I've just had it so long.Out of the couple dozen knives I have,I still reach for this one almost everyday.
    It's strange because usually a tip down only knife is a deal breaker for me.This is only one of two TD knives I have.

[​IMG]