The REK daily discussion thread :)

Discussion in 'Razor Edge Knives' started by razor-edge-knives, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

Hi Josh. I've been following along here quietly. I may have missed it, but can you tell me what the green scales are on the knife next to the orange-scaled knife please. The regrind you did for my little Queen liner lock that you posted some pages back is awesome. It's slicey as heck now. Your new store looks great BTW.

Dave

2. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Hinderer does both solid Ti and a milled Ti scale that is lighter ... I don't know how much weight difference it would make on the Skinny scales ... but it is a noticeable difference on the regular Ti scales. I prefer the milled scales on my regular ... I guess it may depend on what added costs it would be to make a milled version for a skinny?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  3. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Nothin’ wrong with M390, especially in a damp environment. If I didn’t already have a few stainless fixed blades in this size range, I would have gone that route myself.

I went with CruWear to try something new for me. That plus all the great comments about the performance of this steel from those of you who scored the first Quarantines. :thumbsup:

Phil

4. Dogdrawz

Dogdrawz Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2016
    I came close to gettin CruWear for that exact reason. :thumbsup:

5. Big DJ

Big DJ Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2013
    I found the online shop easy for an old fart like me to navigate.
    I can't wait to get my Ember.
    Thanks!

6. razor-edge-knives

razor-edge-knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2011
    That's OD green peel ply g10... That's what mine is. Love it! Thank you and glad you're liking the queen :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    Fullflat, woodysone and Hard Knocks like this.
  7. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Cool :thumbsup: Thank you!

Fullflat and razor-edge-knives like this.
  8. Big DJ

Big DJ Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2013
    [​IMG]

What is this scale called? I love it.

Wood5045 and Fullflat like this.
  9. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    That is a sculpted OD green micarta scale.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  10. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    JJ nailed it above :)

Fullflat likes this.
  11. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    I believe that's the scales that Gus went for and that is want I ordered for mine. Are these going to be ready before the end of the year?

Fullflat likes this.
  12. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Should be if everything goes well! Estimating beginning of December :thumbsup:

Big DJ, Fullflat and woodysone like this.
  13. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Cut up about 15 oranges for some fresh squeezed orange juice yesterday... Mmmmmm :D

Polished edge held great too btw

[​IMG]

14. Richard338

Richard338 Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2005
    Got mine today. Really nice little blade!
    It is hot out so I'm wearing jogging shorts and it disappears into them better than my EDC folder...
    [​IMG]

15. Fullflat

Fullflat Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2018
    Right on Richard! :) Nice kit. Hope carrying a small, well built fixed rig for edc finds favor with you brother

WValtakis, woodysone, mb> and 2 others like this.
  16. Richard338

Richard338 Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2005
    Yes, and thanks again for all your help @Fullflat.
    I should add, I ordered a clip with the spacing a bit off, but a few minutes with a chainsaw file and I have it fitting nicely.

17. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Looks great!! So awesome to hear!

Yeah I set up spacing at .5" on these sheaths (dcc spacing is .6") but the next ones will be set up at .6. Glad you got it worked out!

woodysone, Fullflat and mb> like this.
  18. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 4, 2016
    I saw this post from a few days ago and just wanted to go for a look. Spent 10 minutes tracking down this post.

I may have missed this but you should make it a sticky or put it in your signature or something.

19. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Well the pre-order is almost filled and I mainly announce things through my newsletter so thus the reason for not making a new thread. But you're probably right, would be nice to have a dedicated thread for this model.

Fullflat and JJ_Colt45 like this.
  20. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Sorry - I meant the Link to your store. I wanted to see your web store and couldn't find it quickly.