The REK daily discussion thread :)

Discussion in 'Razor Edge Knives' started by razor-edge-knives, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    I did the same thing at first Tony, but then saw that if you're on Josh's website, the product link will jump you right into his shopify store as well. I do more bouncing around BF than I do the rest of the internet so it took me a minute and I get your point for those of us here.

Fullflat and JJ_Colt45 like this.
  2. razor-edge-knives

razor-edge-knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2011
    Yep, I put a re-direct on that tab on my website after I got the new store up.

Also just added a sticky w/ a direct link :)

Fullflat, woodysone and Hard Knocks like this.
  3. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Just finished this up yesterday! Slowly getting caught up on orders... just in time for the BM 940 reblade batch to arrive for finishing!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sharp & Fiery, mb>, Fullflat and 6 others like this.
  4. Big DJ

Big DJ Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Josh I have a few projects I would love to have you work on when you're schedule opens up. That Hinderer looks awesome.

Fullflat likes this.
  5. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Thanks man, I'll announce spots when I have them through my newsletter so you will be notified via that avenue ;)

6. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Turned out so nice

[​IMG]

7. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Just rattling your cage to see what you might have on the bench this week Josh, trying to see what to expect from a artisan like yourself.

8. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Not much man, my grinder was pretty rusted and the trough rusted through so I had to basically refinish and reinstall a new stainless steel trough. All new super corrosion resistant hardware too, turned out pretty nice!

Here's some before and after pics. Took a few days and when the grinder is down I can't make any $$ lol

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    You know... A good way to give the machine a test after your refurbish job would be to do a DamaCore reblade for a small Sebenza, don't ya think? ;)

10. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    Do you know anyone that has one that would be willing to put up?;):)

11. Fixall

Mar 26, 2018
    [​IMG]

And I have cash in hand to cover the labor and DamaCore. :D

12. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    Now I’d like to see what Josh could do with that!:eek:

13. Fixall

Mar 26, 2018
    You and me both! Now to get Josh on board, lol.

14. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Oh it can certainly be done... It's just a pain with the bushing and everything

Here's a classic I made the damasteel reblade for @Sharp & Fiery

[​IMG]

Big DJ, ErocSD, Fullflat and 5 others like this.
  15. Fixall

Mar 26, 2018
    Just wow! That knife is absolutely breathtaking.

16. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Always Embellish Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 14, 2012
    It’s like a brand new baby!!!

There is the full story of the Damabenza in my sig line. :) If you’re interested, Fixall. :)

17. Gaspumps

Gaspumps Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2012
    Just started following this group. I would LOVE a damasteel insingo reblade on my small lefty Lunar Landing 21!!!!

18. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Just got this in... Pretty sweet! A needle oiler pen

[​IMG]

19. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Just finished this up after 5 months of waiting in line! Cold Steel AD15 sterilized and stonewashed flats, regrind to 220 grit for the primary and swedge

[​IMG]

20. Big DJ

Big DJ Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2013
    That looks great!