The Road To Fiddleback Friday: How The Knives Are Made (VERY Photo Heavy)

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by B Griffin, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Scotcha

Scotcha Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2013
    I love going through this thread with my 6 year old son. Amazing how much goes into making one of these gems.

2. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Yes, there are a lot of steps. It took a few days to capture them all as well as I could.

3. B Griffin

Dec 22, 2007
    I'm really glad to see the pictures are working again in this post. For a few I thought I was going to have to re-write it all.

varga49, PolRoger and Bmurray like this.
  4. B Griffin

Dec 22, 2007
    I still haven't gotten into video yet, but this remains my fav documentary I've done so far :)

What isn't really obvious in these photos is that all of them were taken from further away than anyone likely realizes...at least 12 to 15 feet and in some cases double and triple that, in low light, and not using any auto settings except the auto focus a lot of the time on this shoot. I stayed back as far as I could and still get the shot to keep from interfering with them as they were doing their work

NScout and jaz322 like this.
  5. B Griffin

Dec 22, 2007
  6. B Griffin

Dec 22, 2007
    Photo Bucket and i finally parted ways last year over their insane pricing, which is why all the images now have their watermark over them. Every time someone new acquires PB, or power there, the first thing they do is raise their prices to see how high they can get away with, without massive amounts of people leaving, and every time lots of people leave...

I still have most of these images (the final sharpening images were lost in a computer crash and need to be re-shot), so I can re-host them on Fotki and re-do the post and lose the PB watermark now. However it cannot be done exactly the same because Kevin has changed platforms for BF since I did this post.

So I can fix it in one of two ways.

Option one leaves the commentary in the thread. I just have to cut out some of the images and get them down to the best 20 images per post, and it is an image-heavy post to start with so that's not a horrible option.

Or, to leave all the images in the post would require re-writing it entirely and then losing all the original discussion that went with it.

schmittie likes this.