The stuff I see on Facebook

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by always_an_eagle, Apr 22, 2016.

1. always_an_eagle

always_an_eagle

Jun 29, 2014
    So just a couple of minutes ago, I was scrolling down my news feed on Facebook and I see a PC abomination of a thing. https://www.facebook.com/thisisinsider/videos/1539059943068065/
    It's called Nimble and it is a knife you put on your finger tip. The Kickstarter is doing tremendous well. I'm not sure what to think about it.

2. MaximIsayev

MaximIsayev

Dec 17, 2014
    It looks like an IKEA version of a twine knife, not really innovative.
    [​IMG]

3. marcinek

marcinek Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    What's the problem, and whats "PC" about it?

Its a gadget. Seems innocuous enough. Kinda clever.

4. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Yeah, finger knives have been around for a long time. This one looks like a gimmick, but certainly nothing offensive.

5. JTR357

JTR357 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 10, 2007
    Because it's probably the only knife you're allowed to have in the UK & other countries with similar draconian knife laws.

6. knifeandgun

knifeandgun

Aug 10, 2013
    Not really PC
    Its literally just a little package blade
    Cool that it doesnt cut flesh and neat little design. Not like its gonna replace our knives haha

7. SW-EDC

SW-EDC Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 4, 2015
    My wife is from Denmark and while visiting there, the local news had a story of a guy at work who forgot to leave his cutting tool at the job sight. He was pulled over by police and they noticed the cutting tool on his right seat. He was immediately arrested and lost his job.
    I mean, really?
    Some of these laws are just so ridiculous.

8. knifeandgun

knifeandgun

Aug 10, 2013
    ya thats ridiculous
    I dont really care about this tool because its not really being shown as a knife to replace all knives
    Its basically just a neat little knife for people( should be aimed mainly at kids, elderly maybe) who want to cut something
    I doubt they will be making any to baton wood haha

9. marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    And where anywhere do the makers say it is created to be in line with Draconian knife laws that they agree with? Where is the anti-knife stuff? I don't see it.

Guys make a pretty safe little knife gadget that is as accurate as the tip of your finger. Probably great for kids. 2nd grade art class? Perfect.

10. JTR357

Sep 10, 2007
    I suppose it could be the way you're saying it.I just see it differently,like "Look there's no need for you to ever have a knife now!"

11. full flat grind

full flat grind

Jun 5, 2015
    It may be nifty, but I can't imagine using one.

I like the feel of a knife in my hand too much.

12. benchwarmer380

benchwarmer380 Valyrian Member Platinum Member

Sep 17, 2012
    It should be called the Knimble.

13. JTR357

Sep 10, 2007
    This one looks more useful :D

730x466 (1).jpg

14. marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    It's got suvh limited application, that I don't think that's the case. Slice a carrot with it!

Clearly there are Draconian laws out there, I just don't this this doodad being part of the problem.

15. JTR357

Sep 10, 2007
    Maybe it's not part of the problem.Maybe it's part of their solution?

I'm gonna stop now.There's no political discussion here.

16. Seneca18

Seneca18

Jan 2, 2015
    I think it's actually a neat little tool.

17. RedFury

RedFury

Jun 17, 2015
    I kind of like it. I would never buy one because I does nothing I can't do with my EDC. However, I can imagine situations where you might use that thing all day long.

18. Comeuppance

Comeuppance Fixed Blade EDC Emisssary

Jan 12, 2013
    Honestly, if I still worked at a UPS Store, I would pick one of those up in a heartbeat. Looks super useful, as it gives you full use of your hands without having to set down a cutting tool in-between motions, and allows you to cut with absolutely direct control of the blade. I mean, you cut where your fingertip goes. What a good idea that is!

19. onojoe

onojoe

Aug 4, 2013
    Looks like the knife version of the disposable razor.

20. bt93

bt93

May 12, 2015
    Isn't this how Freddie Kreuger got his idea, one day cutting open a package and he must've got to thinking," Just a bit longer and I could do a number on someone's throat." Yep, let's all get these.
    Seriously, it seems pretty cool to me, I bet if it's small enough one could teach a small child a little beginning knife ed.