1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The tale of three Bowies! Poppa Bowie, Momma Bowie and Bawanna Bowie.

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Bawanna, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    And a Bura too! You are a fool. Course I'm a fool too and the gehazi's dad's words should be written in stone. Regretted everyone I ever parted with.

2. Bookie

Bookie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Bawanna, I am enlightened.

3. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Hey Gehazi dont forget you have two Falcatas and one on order and ndog has ZERO:grumpy:
    Never know Pugs. That beautiful Bura might find its way back home someday?
    Gehazi. I too thought it was a Munk Chunk when I got it.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  4. Gehazi

Gehazi

Jun 30, 2013
    I am currently one falcata less ! a very worthy member will likely reveal soon its ownership, it stayed in the HI blade forums clan , so do not fear. I think a few more falcata will come around the time mine is made, as the kami tend to make a few ( hence the great DOTD)

5. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    How does one attain worthiness round these parts?

6. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    Side two of momma got a couple passes last night. Probably won't get to play with it tonight but it's coming along.

7. Gehazi

Gehazi

Jun 30, 2013
    bawanna you got worthy i think several decades ago, this person just asked me first :D

8. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    Well I'm feeling pretty gosh durn special right about now. Nice to be worthy. Now I need to work on speeding up my asking skills I reckon.

Anybody ask you for your Hasiya that at Pugs yet?

9. Gehazi

Gehazi

Jun 30, 2013
    lol when I sell it , bawanna is first!

10. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    Ureka! Hey send me the inventory list, I have a few more questions for ya?

11. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    I shouldda just asked Pugs for it and saved you the hassle;)

12. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    I already asked Pugs for the record. Lost in the mail scam. His integrity wouldn't allow him to participate in my evil plan.

Yes this is addiction. Stealing from family to support your own greedy habit. BAD bawanna, bad, bad, bad...........

13. pugs75

pugs75 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Yep I have to keep my integrity in perfect order, or no one would send me there stuff, and all of it is killer, and I know I have to send it back :(, but the honor thing is better than the thief thing, if that makes sense.

14. hawk3/21

hawk3/21

Aug 6, 2014
    Keep the wife busy and put a motor on it. When she comes home tell her its the NASA experience. 8 g's and we know the kids a keeper.........I dont get why they never bring the grandkids around.

15. jac_solar

jac_solar

Sep 1, 2013
    The one that is entirely in the shot on the bottom right, above the handles of 2 knives that go out of the shot; what knife is that? That's probably the most awesome looking Khukuri design I've seen. Do you know of any larger versions with such a design?

EDIT: After browsing a bit, I gather that it's called a "PEN" knife? I looked it up on HI's site, but it doesn't really look like yours.

HI PEN Knife:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  16. Gehazi

Gehazi

Jun 30, 2013
    that is a pen knife--- member Philll has the best pen knife of all, a super sized one -- I have one , regular sized, and it is a great blade for sure. email auntie, see if she has one in stock, give her time to reply though.

17. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    Well I'm happy to report that all 3 Bowies are now checkered. Poppa and Momma are pretty much wrapped. The IBBB has two passes on both sides and one or two more should get r dun. All three with the similar diamond surrounded by skip line. That was a little tricky trying to get similar diamonds. Pins progressively get smaller, Momma was a bit off center and the skip makes it a challenge but alas the challenge (the skeery part) is over.

Just need to deepen/ refine and go over all three with a fine tooth comb so Sir Gehazi is please on arrival.

Dang it, forgot again I can't post a picture no more. Well I'll wait and take one when all three are done and email to Sir Gehazi and he can post it.

Gonna call it a wrap for today and try to hit some evenings this week.

18. Gehazi

Gehazi

Jun 30, 2013
    really appreciate you man, and the incredible work you do.

19. Steelcore

Steelcore

Jan 19, 2010
    nice work, man.

So having handled a couple of older HI bowies, I was surprised to stop in and see these had flat handle scales instead of the rounded handle scales.

20. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    Yeah, the bowies don't have the traditional kukri round belled handles. Makes em really nice to checker.

Thanks for the kind words.

I haven't had a chance to get back to the bench this week, probably have to help the wife cater a wedding Saturday, lebanese wedding, I don't cotton to that much, hoping I can help her make the food and not have to attend even though it's our neighbors daughter. Sunday is our anniversary but she has to work so hopefully some bench time then.