Review The Undertaker Bowie—Very Disappointed—A Rare NEGATIVE Review for Condor T&K

Discussion in 'Knife Reviews & Testing' started by oinker, Aug 11, 2019.

1. oinker

oinker

Nov 28, 2018
    [Edit]: To make a long story much shorter, Condor put it right. They took the defective knife (probably a heat treat issue as so kindly stated below) and sent me a new one no questions asked. I haven't tested the new one yet, but I will do so soon.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  2. CVamberbonehead

CVamberbonehead Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2017
    Sounds like a bad heat treat to me, try to send it back for a new one or a refund. You could use that money to get a good hatchet.

3. WILLIAM.M

WILLIAM.M Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Any photos???

4. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    I agree, sounds like a bad HT. I have had issues with condors, but always related to the pins and handles working loose on the bigger chopping knives, like the golok and golok sized blades. The HT has always been spot on for me.

Their sheaths are fantastic and probably the only reason I still look at condor after having the 3 machete handles come loose on me.

5. kwackster

kwackster

Dec 23, 2005
  6. oinker

oinker

Nov 28, 2018
    I'll give it a shot. Though I've given them a lot of opportunities to void the warranty per the criteria on their site, LOL

1. I purchased from Baronyx, who I'm not sure is an "authorized reseller"
    2. I forced a patina on the flats of the blade; "damage from caustic substances"?
    3. "Damage resulting from tampering or a customer modification" (Baronyx's regrind, obviously)

7. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Contact Joe Flowers at Condor. I bet you’ll get taken care of. Your problem definitely sound like bad heat treatment.

8. oinker

oinker

Nov 28, 2018
    Should've occurred to me sooner. My logic was they're made soft on purpose, maybe like certain machetes, so they'll have some spring and not simply snap on a hard piece of foliage. Thanks lads.