The "Whatever" Thread

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by JK Knives, Nov 11, 2013.

1. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Kitchen knife took on the task of preparing breakfast smoothie - first time I have ever prepared a mango - of course the Kitchen knife did a great job!

[​IMG]

best

mqqn

glennbad and JK Knives like this.
  2. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    :eek: whaatttt??? I'm going to have to dig up some of those ideas we discussed very briefly about 1/16" steel. Would LOVE to get a fillet knife going if the steel and thinness works out well.

3. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    Fillet knife needs to be full height grind, so it’s still up in the air for now.

bikerector likes this.
  4. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    Sitting on the couch last night a car stopped in front of the house. We were not expecting anyone so I went to the door to look out. The car drove off before I got the door open. I didn't give it any thought till later when my wife took the dogs out. She yelled for me and as I got to the door she was walking up the steps with a kitten in her arms. She said the poor thing was just sitting in the road, too scared to run when the dogs were barking at it.
    I don't understand dropping an animal off under any circumstances. Dropping a kitten off when it's below freezing and forecast to be in the low teens overnight is takes a special type. I hope Karma pays the POS a visit.
    My wife posted a found kitten online but I don't expect she'll get a reply. On the bright side the kitten appears healthy, is litterbox trained, and my son is extremely happy.

5. jds1

jds1

Jun 9, 2007
    WTF is the matter with people!!!

Jeff

fishiker likes this.
  6. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    That's pretty messed up. Sounds like your son has a new friend, might be hard to get him a forever home if he stays around too long :D. I feel like it only gets worse when the cat starts acting like a dog and they all become friends.

fishiker and woodysone like this.
  7. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Asshats!

fishiker likes this.
  8. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Hayley just got a part time job after school at an Oberweiss ice cream shop, $14 an hour to scoop ice cream. I’m thinking I should quit making knives and scoop ice cream!

9. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    No replies to my wife's online posting about a lost kitten and it seems the kitten and my son are very happy about it.

10. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    The bad thing, is the dang schedule, no more naps when you need one.;):)

fishiker and JK Knives like this.
  11. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    congrats to Hayley!

woodysone and JK Knives like this.
  12. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Back in the mid 80s I thought 6.00 an hour was doing good. What is the minimum wage now? Or are they working to make it 15.00 an hour? Congrats on her new job!! Maybe she gets an employee discount to try some of those flavors!!!

woodysone likes this.
  13. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    I’m not sure what minimum is now. My first full time job I started at $1.65. I bought my first brand new car when I was making $1.85, I was 18. 1972 SS 350 Chevy Nova, it was $3200!

woodysone and bikerector like this.
  14. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Wow. Maybe it was the late 80s, I remember seeing the price tag on a car and it was a little over $10K, I thought that was too high then.....if we only knew what would come.

JK Knives likes this.
  15. 1066vik

Nov 28, 2009
    in 91 I paid $7200 for a new Mazda B2200 2wd reg cab pickup.
    in 97 I paid $12k that for a 2wd ext cab ranger.

cbach8tw likes this.
  16. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Just renewed the forum, hopefully posting will pick up here soon.

mqqn and bikerector like this.
  17. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Found out today that shipping went from $7.90 to $8.30

18. 1066vik

Nov 28, 2009
    I heard that too

19. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    It’s true, I had to pay it today.

20. Simplejack

Simplejack

Dec 28, 2017
    I bought my Cummins diesel fully loaded and lifted in 06 for 30k. Looked at trucks the other day. The new version of my truck is 80k .. wtf

woodysone likes this.