The "Whatever" Thread

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by JK Knives, Nov 11, 2013.

1. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    Unfortunately, no

2. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Ok, that is ok, I also posted in the friction folder thread. Told you I was jumping around. Asked to see spineand and underbelly shot of the friction folder in that thread.

3. cbach8tw

Jan 9, 2006
    I am coming to the conclusion my JKs need more usage. Fall usage may be in the works. Anyone else care to share what things are being done with their JKs this week or fall? Camping or hiking or just woods walking, etc.

JK Knives likes this.
  4. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Got bored while the knives were in the oven, so cut off my ZZ Top beard, just got a short goatee now. Cut off 6”, should have glued it on my head.

f1addict and greatscoot like this.
  5. cbach8tw

Jan 9, 2006
    NO pictures please!!! Just kidding. :rolleyes:

6. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    68A39AD7-CF29-493D-99A8-11346BDDD281.jpeg Cozy on a chilly morning

fishiker, glennbad and Simplejack like this.
  7. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Truck was covered in frost this morning when I headed to work

f1addict and JK Knives like this.
  8. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Fall is my favorite time of year!

9. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    Saturday was the first day of bow season. I haven't bow hunted the past couple years but decided to spend more time in the woods this year. I didn't get a shot but saw several deer including 3 bucks. Considering I was on national forest that was good.
    I'm hoping to get back to the same location Friday and take my son with me. I know having a 6 year old along and hunting from the ground works against me but it's more about being there than killing a deer.......not that I'd turn down fresh venison.

f1addict and Simplejack like this.
  10. f1addict

f1addict Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2017
    Made it back from our trip to Colorado last week. We had a blast!! A lot of time in the wilderness, and also exploring places / cities we haven’t been before. We were in the SW corner of the state, and the fall colors were amazing. Not used to that much color in Texas!

[​IMG]

11. f1addict

f1addict Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2017
    Seeing 3 bucks on public land in awesome!! Best of luck to you this weekend.

I also made it out yesterday (this was also opening weekend of bow season in Texas). Saw several bucks, including a mature 8 point that’s on my hit list. Wasn’t able to get a shot, but will be trying again this weekend.

woodysone, fishiker and JK Knives like this.
  12. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    Do you ever sit and wonder how you got to where you are in life? Many who knew me when I was younger probably consider me a failure or an underachiever but they are wrong. I might not live in a big house with nice things and new vehicles but my home is paid for as are our vehicles. I pretty much raised my older son by myself and I couldn't be prouder of the man he is. I now have a beautiful wife who loves me(even though I still can't understand why) and an incredible young son that means the world to me. I believe he will be more like me than his big brother and I'm not sure if that's good or bad.
    Just rambling after an unusually nice dinner for no reason on a Wednesday that was not only a good steak but also a cheap bottle of wine. I guess my question should be: Are you happy when you look in the mirror? My life may be far from perfect but I'm happy where I am. I hope all of you in my JK family feel the same!

13. cbach8tw

Jan 9, 2006
    Words of wisdom. You sound rich to me.....where it counts. Thanks for sharing.

14. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    6F6610FC-9EC7-4B79-BF1C-B8CDCC2BE1ED.png This is how my dogs think they look when someone comes to the door

glennbad, f1addict, woodysone and 4 others like this.
  15. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    [​IMG]