1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Theft of HI Christmas Katana

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Carolina River Rat

Carolina River Rat

Oct 29, 2008
  2. creightonfcb

creightonfcb

Nov 5, 2005
    Sweet!! Congrats to who ever gets it (for real this time!!)

3. Cpl Punishment

Cpl Punishment

Jan 28, 2006
    Glad to hear it got recovered! One of the fastest ways, believe it orm not, to solve such a case is to sic a postal inspector on it. I see that's still true.

I seem to have pretty good "juju" from blooded weapons, FWIW.

4. Carolina River Rat

Carolina River Rat

Oct 29, 2008
    I agree. Unfortunately, I still can't afford it. Maybe it'll still be around come tax return time.

5. Krull

Krull

Aug 18, 2005
    You sound like my kind of guy :thumbup:

And before anybody freaks-I'm kin to Vikings,"blooded" weapons are good and blood rituals are normal and I take after that.

6. Wovoka

Wovoka

Nov 14, 2008
    I have to believe that the graciousnes(is that a word?) of Ms. Yangdu and all of the patrons of HI have brought this to a satisfactory conclusion. It does not matter if the person(s) responsible for the misplacement of this masterpiece is(are) punished in this world.

7. Ugly Duck

Ugly Duck

Oct 6, 2008
    Being so devoid of character that one would commit such an act is punishment in itself. They not only have to live with themselves, but even worse... they have to be themselves.

Here's a sincere prayer that they change themselves for the better.

8. Carolina River Rat

Carolina River Rat

Oct 29, 2008
    Well said, Duck.

9. VoxHog

VoxHog

Oct 6, 2007
    So glad that this was resolved and the blade is home.

10. Shann

Shann

Sep 2, 2004
    That is great news. I'm glad it turned out okay. Now, whoever ends up the with the Katana not only has a beautiful blade and scabbard, but also the great story of the "Christmas Katana"

11. Kismet

Kismet

Jan 30, 2002

As wonderful as it is unlikely. Very nice, Yangdu. Congratulations.

Kis
    enjoy every sandwich

12. Stu Gatz

Stu Gatz

Apr 20, 2003
    Good, good, good... :)