Theyre Faking The AD10 Now

Discussion in 'Cold Steel Knives' started by goldie, Mar 23, 2020.

1. goldie

goldie

Feb 18, 2000
    Just happen to see one, so be careful buying one cheap; the biggest telltale sign that its a fake is the pocket clip, its got a curve in it looks horrible.AD15 is being faked too, I hope Cold Steel can put a stop to it....

2. soc_monki

soc_monki

Apr 5, 2019
    They've been faking both for a while now. I know I saw plenty from early last year.

3. DangerZone98

DangerZone98

Dec 7, 2019
    That sucks man. For a safe purchase, I’d stick with BladeHQ and KnifeCenter. Or buy directly from Cold Steel.

I do hope steps are being taken to stop the counterfeits.

4. soc_monki

soc_monki

Apr 5, 2019
    They're always fighting against it, but until china's government forces businesses to abide by our copyright and patent laws it will probably never stop.

If people would quit buying them maybe it would help at least put a damper in their operations, but all the time I see people buying them and saying it's just as good as the real deal. Well, it might be at first and on the surface, but what happens when you have to constantly sharpen it? What about warranty work? I'm sure those knives have no one standing behind them. That's why I've chosen to never buy one, and always go with the real deal. It's more expensive yes, but I'll actually get service with cold steel, spyderco, zt and Benchmade. And I know for a fact zt and benchmade have excellent service departments.

Splat, Smiling and DangerZone98 like this.
  5. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Bad enough those that know they are fake and buy them on purpose. Worse are those that don't know, and then when they get a POS, think the company sucks and spread the word.

6. goldie

goldie

Feb 18, 2000
    I saw closeup pics and the finish looks rough the thumb lug with the slotted end looks almost sharp and too flat.Glad I have the real one...

7. neo71665

neo71665

Feb 18, 2020
    While I agree with ya I think most of the people knowingly buying fakes don't really care about the warranty. I know a guy that brags about his fake POS knives and how they are just like the real ones. When something goes wrong with it he just throws it in the trash and goes to the flea market for another one.

8. nephron

nephron Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Probably has a garage full of toilet paper too.

Sharp & Fiery, Smiling and Hungryone like this.
  9. neo71665

neo71665

Feb 18, 2020
    No clue but wouldn't doubt it. Couldn't stand him at work I dang sure aint going over to his house.

nephron likes this.
  10. soc_monki

soc_monki

Apr 5, 2019
    And he's probably the guy who buys tools at harbor freight thinking they're as good as more expensive ones. There's no helping those kind of people.

11. DangerZone98

DangerZone98

Dec 7, 2019
    I don’t judge folks who buy fake products since everyone has a different financial situation. But I at least hope that these consumers are aware of the cesspool that they contribute to. The more we support these manufacturers of fake products, the harder it will be to stop them in the long run.

By far the healthier alternative is to purchase budget-tier original knives. So many manufacturers are cranking these out that I really see no excuse anymore to buy fakes. Kershaw, CRKT, and Spyderco’s Byrd line come to mind for instance.

Your Name Goes Here likes this.
  12. HKGuns

HKGuns

Jan 28, 2019
    Now you've got me worried, since I bought mine on Amazon. Does this one look real?

It certainly wasn't cheap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. nephron

nephron Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Looks real to me, but I am no expert, you could take lots of good pictures(those are real good you took)and email to CS for confirmation( they are closed but not sure if they are answering emails).

HKGuns likes this.
  14. goldie

goldie

Feb 18, 2000
    That's real . Heres the pocket clip on a fake its too high,and has much too high of a curve on the end [​IMG]

PeteyTwoPointOne, jux t and nephron like this.
  15. Cold Steel Knives

Cold Steel Knives Moderator Moderator

Apr 16, 2013
    That's a really bad fake. Lol. Anyone have a link to the product?

16. goldie

goldie

Feb 18, 2000
    I cant seem to find it,but if you go on dhgate.com or aliexpress.com type in cold steel, all kinds of fakes come up , as well as knives theyre claiming to be cold steel but its some piece of junk that isn't even a common design. You guys need to stop these idiots.I see some sellers on ebay selling fake tantos and theyre listing them as cold steel too.

Your Name Goes Here likes this.
  17. JeremiahWeaver09

JeremiahWeaver09

Nov 13, 2009
  18. insta9ves

insta9ves

Apr 3, 2007
    Man this one looks pretty convincing other than the pivot hardware, uncoated backspacer and the wrong box. I can imagine how people might get fooled. If you look at the 8th picture, it even has an even grind, which is rare for the real thing :D

19. deadzonepatrol

deadzonepatrol

Apr 11, 2019
    Fat chance of the peoples' republic of china ever forcing their businesses to stop selling fakes. Their government encourages it, wants their businesses to keep selling fakes. Why? Because they're taking money away from everyone else and enriching themselves. So why would they ever stop. They also want to drive all legitimate businesses all over the world out of business. They want to monopolize the entire world's market for all goods. That's why their businesses sometimes sell stuff for cents on the dollar. They are subsidized by that communist government. So all kinds of reasons why the fakes aren't going to stop. When will people ever wise up and stop buying anything from the PRC? That's the only solution.

Sharp & Fiery likes this.
  20. soc_monki

soc_monki

Apr 5, 2019
    You'll have to get all the car manufacturers, toy manufacturers, knife manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, even food producers to stop buying from China. I doubt it will ever happen simply because cost and production capacity. We could move a lot of the production back to the US, create jobs, and have an economy less dependent on a foreign power, but cost of goods would go up and people would complain and buy less because their dollar doesn't go as far.

Chinese products are everywhere, and the driving force behind it is cost. I remember my wife watching shark tank one time (stupid show...) and that Lori chick telling a woman "you need to move production to China, otherwise you'll never make a profit". I understand you have to make a profit to continue running a business, but these people made millions selling cheaply made products at high prices. No thought at all to jobs they could have created for Americans, or quality it seems. Such is business.

I just don't see how the government has lasted this long. Seems communism has fallen everywhere except for China and North Korea. Democracy poses its own problems, but I would never want to be communist. That's probably worse than death.

On another note, I do have a custom buck 110 arriving today, and I won a 74-80 buck 110 yesterday on ebay... Go USA!