1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Thinking about ordering a Randall and would appreciate some guidance

Discussion in 'The Randall Made Knives Collector's Forum' started by SanLuisObispo, Dec 18, 2020.

1. SanLuisObispo

SanLuisObispo

Nov 14, 2020
    Direct from Randall:

"We only offer black or green micarta for the standard 14-7 ½ . The additional cost for a lugged hilt would be $ 65.

Best,

Jason Randall"

eveled likes this.
  2. SanLuisObispo

SanLuisObispo

Nov 14, 2020
    I tend to agree. You just don't know what you're going to get from an aesthetic standpoint. These two Randall Smithsonians, particularly the top one, just doesn't tickle my fancy.

[​IMG]

3. eveled

eveled Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I’d be more worried about the feel and how well it indexes than how it looks.

I’m happy with my stag Randall’s I don’t think anyone does a better job with stag than Randall does. It also is really Sambar Stag with dense centers. Some other makers I’m not too sure about.

4. My 2 Randall's. One gets used a lot, the other never cut a thing yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pjsjr likes this.
  5. eveled

Mar 11, 2016
    4CE7F1B2-51A7-4BDC-B6D1-26BBDFB17E78.jpeg @SanLuisObispo here is a double hilt model 5 Nickel silver and Ivorite it’s like the one General Westmorland used in Viet Nam.

An 8 inch version of the above knife with your choice of pommels would be an heirloom for sure.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    Stahlmann, pjsjr and SanLuisObispo like this.
  6. SanLuisObispo

SanLuisObispo

Nov 14, 2020
    Dang... That is absolutely gorgeous... It sure "pops" as they say. Thanks for sharing.

7. eveled

Mar 11, 2016
    It’s not mine, (but it may be the next one I order.)

Just thought it might help you decide on yours.

SanLuisObispo likes this.
  8. Melvin-Purvis

Melvin-Purvis Not a Registered User Staff Member Super Mod

Jan 14, 2001
    This is absolutely correct in all aspects. I made good money for many years reselling RMK's, both because the wait was non-existent and because potential could see what they were going to get. I've got some amazing stag from RMK, and some real dogs too. It really sucks to wait, unwrap, and be disappointed. It can be a real souring experience for first timers.