1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

This followed me home

Discussion in 'Shop Talk - BladeSmith Questions and Answers' started by JTknives, Oct 19, 2018.

1. JTknives

JTknives Blade Heat Treating www.jarodtodd.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 11, 2006
    Thy where just going to scrap this at work. Talked to the boss and she said sure it’s all yours. It’s our old air dryer that thy removed because our new compressor needed a larger one.

[​IMG]

Lieblad and KnuckleDownKnives like this.
  2. A.McPherson

A.McPherson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 27, 2012
    Nice floor score!!

3. JTknives

JTknives Blade Heat Treating www.jarodtodd.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 11, 2006
    Next step is a cnc plasma

4. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Cool!

5. tim37a

tim37a

May 18, 2010
    Now you are going to have to buy a new air compressor and all new air tools.

6. JTknives

Jun 11, 2006
    It came with a new compressor. Just have not picked it up yet

KnuckleDownKnives likes this.
  7. Augus7us

Augus7us

Oct 9, 2014
    Wow never seen an air dryer like that. Ironically I was just looking at them, but was also thinking to myself do I need one?

So I'm curious, did you need an air dryer for something specific or did you just grab it because it was going to the scrap yard and who wants to turn down a free tool right?

I ask because I just bought the last air compressor I will ever need and I'm in the process of figuring out how I'm going to plumb it into the new shop. Along with that I've been reading up on air dryers, filters, etc.

-Clint

8. ron_m80

ron_m80 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 1, 2009
    I believe that is a large desiccant type of dryer, with a regeneration cycle. Probably overkill for most people, but premium equipment for high volume. Nice catch.

9. scott.livesey

scott.livesey

Nov 10, 2011
    good score. i worked at a similar place where old machines and all associated spares were put in scrap bin. I never found an air dryer, but did find 3 new motors, 100's yard of wire, pounds of files, ....... they said it was cheaper to scrap everything then try to sell it.