1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Thoughts on a Suga variant

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Scara, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    That's how it starts, I used to have 60 post, look at me now.

Sincerely,

Bucket Mouth

2. Baetis

Baetis

May 30, 2012
    OOOooooOOOOO I like the stag idea. If I can I will finish the 3D model that way. I know it's not needed now, but now I to am excited.

3. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    I seemed to have hit a hot button. A fellow stag afficianado to be sure.

4. Scara

Scara

Jun 21, 2014
    Well I can't speak for baetis, but I'm not a stag aficionado, though it is good looking stuff. Makes me wonder how stag is for durability compared to wood, especially in an against the body environment.

5. Jens Schuetz

Jens Schuetz

Jun 24, 2013
    Nice cad picture.
    The overall shape reminds me of a pistol with a knife mounted underneath the barrel.
    Stag is quite robust. Had one for decades and never maintained it. Oil from the skin might have been enough or maybe not even that is required. It wears, no denying but worn it looks nicer than new. The wear is limited to the raised portions which get more polished by handling it and shine nicely.

6. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    I really like the CAD rendering.

I can't wait for the first run of Scara Sugas!

7. Scara

Scara

Jun 21, 2014
    Yeah, the CAD rendering really made the Scara Suga real for me, especially coming on the same day that Auntie said they could make them.

And I can't wait for the first run either. As soon as I get an estimate of cost from Auntie I'll see who wants one and pass the number along to Auntie.

8. Baetis

Baetis

May 30, 2012
    Thanks! I am glad I could contribute. When I got done with the CAD blank, I got excited as well. This thing is going to be sweet! Yes Bawanna, I am a stag lover. Ooh la la.

9. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Cool shape Scara! Very nice rendering. Guess they use CAD KAMI in Nepal:rolleyes:

10. Scara

Scara

Jun 21, 2014
    Good news, Auntie has given me an estimate of how much the Scara Suga will cost. She says they will cost between $145-$165 per knife. So, who wants one?

11. cul4u01

Dec 5, 2012
    ME obviously! Maybe even 2! You know, gotta have one on each side of the belt...:)

12. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    Wow, you guys have nailed this one:) Lovely.

13. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    I'll have to go with a solid maybe. Kind of rare when I have a couple hundred bucks all at one time.

The desire is there, no doubt about that. I'll go solid maybe and try hard.

14. Scara

Scara

Jun 21, 2014
    Thanks for the compliment, and thank you again KP513 and cul4u01 for all the help you've given me. This never would have happened without your help, as well as the help and support of others. It's hard to believe that it only fifteen days for this to go from an idea to a finished design accepted by Auntie and soon to be passed on to the kami.

15. cul4u01

Dec 5, 2012
    You are more than welcome, your idea was fantastic, and I for one am glad that it will soon be a reality.

16. KP513

KP513

Nov 25, 2012
    Not a problem, I enjoyed the process thoroughly. I don't think I can swing that much for a knife right now but it's more than rewarding to know that I had a hand in the creation of a real product.

17. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    Your part of the design team. You gotta get one. I'll chip in to help if I can when these things materialize. No way I can do it whole or probably even half but I'll contribute what I can. Who knows maybe my canoe will come in in the next couple weeks and I can buy one for everybody..................aw crap, I just woke up from a really awesome daydream.

18. cul4u01

Dec 5, 2012
    Not to worry KP, Mr. B is correct, we will find a way, but you will get one.

19. Scara

Scara

Jun 21, 2014
    I wish I could afford to buy you one to say thank you.

20. KP513

KP513

Nov 25, 2012
    I appreciate the sentiment, but I must decline any such offers.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015