1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Thread for showing off Custom Sheaths.

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by Makael, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Brhowser87

Brhowser87 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2016
    sassafrassdogs3 likes this.
  2. David Nowlin

David Nowlin Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Mak what is that texture on the window sheath called?
    And i wonder if we could come up with a name for that window style sheath? I am ignorant if a name already exists?
    Like Sheath with a view? Sneak peak? Peek a boo! Lol

3. westgin

westgin

Sep 26, 2009
    The sheath for the 651 is simply amazing...

4. Wallace Mutt

Wallace Mutt

Jan 24, 2016
    Maybe a thin strip of Lucite or brass sewn into the slot would seal it from the elements.

5. sassafrassdogs3

sassafrassdogs3 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2016
    The texture as you call it is the natural epidural of the skin...

How about David Nowlin's sheath??:D

6. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    Peek a boo works.:thumbsup:

David Nowlin likes this.
  7. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018

8. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    The 651 wrapped up fir the 2nd sheath to be done tonight. I always wrap the knife unless its one of mine dedicated for the pattern.. 20190121_092530.jpg

jbmonkey, edbeau, eveled and 6 others like this.
  9. bucksway

bucksway Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 7, 2007
    Reading thru this made me think about how much a well designed beautiful shieth adds to the collecting experience..I have displayed some of the odd 112 shieth's Buck has made especially ones with heat stamping and special projects like the Goodyear Wrangler 432 and NY State police 112 LE 112 and any advertising or company logo shieth. I'm a still looking for a Morton Salt embossed shieth I've only heard about! Dave Yellowhorse made a few for early Fancy Lacy's 112 that are extremely rare too.. I wonder why shieths that show the blade are not more common considering how many collector knives are gold etched and have other beautiful artwork? Or for that matter folders with stunning handles and bolster and file work are routinely stuffed into the plainest black or tan leather shieth? So seeing some of the examples here has opened my eyes to what is possible and how much it can add to the collecting experience.
    I was thinking why not have a shieth designed for a 110/112 NOT folded? The fixed blade 110 is the reason behind that thought but considering how many millions of 110/112 Bucks are out there many with stunning handles and bolsters it seems a shame to cover them up!

bucklife301 likes this.
  10. Makael

Oct 17, 2015
    Ron hood knife sheath.

[​IMG]

11. DDDWho

DDDWho

Aug 21, 2015
    This is not my Vanguard (mine looks just like it) but it is my sheath, pic from the ebay listing I ordered it off of

[​IMG]

12. sassafrassdogs3

Jul 21, 2016
    In my state, an open knife/fixed blade cannot be concealed. You can have a folding machete and it can be concealed. You have a 2" fixed blade/opened knife cannot. ( land of the fruit's and nuts, if neither of those you're a vegetable).

From my understanding, you don't store your fixed blade knife in a sheath and wouldn't the Gold wash on the etching eventually wear off from the friction of the sheath?

13. gsea

gsea Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Since it's cool -1 here thought I take a few pics. The horizontal is a one handed opening sheath. Design for the 110 it works perfect for my 317's so does the Harley sheath.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. gsea

gsea Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    A few more
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    34D1C5B5-8FAE-4208-A649-FB3770610D4C.jpeg 538D9C89-D8A7-4496-AED2-CECEDCD9FC8C.jpeg I bought the R.W.Wilson drop point hunter at a gun show and had a sheath made at a leather shop in Aspen CO. The sheath is one piece of leather except for the spacer protecting the stitches from the edge of the blade.
    The Al Pendray Ivory and Wootz Bowie was purchased by a friend who made the Armadillo sheath. The back of the sheath is covered with raw hide to impart stiffness and prevent sliding.The Copper rivet keeps the knife from falling out.

jbmonkey, J Hubbard, jmh33 and 5 others like this.
  16. st8yd

st8yd Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Armadillo???

jbmonkey likes this.
  17. JeffG@818

[email protected]

Jul 4, 2018
    Sorry didn't read for Buck knives.

18. sassafrassdogs3

Jul 21, 2016
    ??? Read what for Bucks???

19. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    Well at least include a Buck knife in the picture?

20. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    :cool::D:)