1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thrift shop score!

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by SuburbanBarbarian, Mar 5, 2019.

1. SuburbanBarbarian

SuburbanBarbarian

Aug 12, 2018
    I was working the backdoor for a local thrift shop and they have a policy that they don't sell knives, so imagine how thrilled I was to get a free Elinox Spartan (looks like a 73-75 run). Blade tips are slightly bent and it needs sharpening and a good bath, but not bad for a freebie. Had to mention it here as the wife doesn't care, ha ha. I'd post pics, but my phone decided it doesn't like photobucket anymore.

GIRLYmann and marcus52AR like this.
  2. GasMan1

GasMan1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 27, 2015
    Great deal. But we gotta see. As the saying goes "pics or it didn't happen". :) there are several threads here to help guide you through it. anyway, Congrats on your score.

3. SuburbanBarbarian

SuburbanBarbarian

Aug 12, 2018
  4. GasMan1

GasMan1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 27, 2015
    Nice. you can't go wrong with a SAK. :thumbsup:

5. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    Nice score.

I hope that thrift store goes out of business for having a no knife policy and having likely thrown away some good knives over the years.

6. upnorth

upnorth

Nov 25, 2006
    Neat score. I also thought of that a few years back, and phoned those stores asking about their pocket knife policy. I had visions of old bone handled, age burnished, slip joints raining down on me for a pittance. The robotic reply that I received is that they "dispose" of them. Meaning that they toss them out with their dump loads, which are likely voluminous.

7. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    Sad to hear for sure.

8. GIRLYmann

GIRLYmann

Nov 7, 2005
    Awesome store!
    And a Lucky you!!!
    So where can i sign up???

9. jeepin

jeepin Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2003
    This Victorinox Spirit I found in a pawn shop yesterday. Looks like it wasn’t really ever used.

It has the Toyota Tundra logo on the one side and on the other it’s says one [email protected]@ truck.

The logos are both engraved in the handles.

Toyota Tundra is my favorite truck so it’s kind of a neat piece :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jmh33 and GIRLYmann like this.