1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Ti Lime Cutter

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Rival1314, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Rival1314

Rival1314 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 17, 2012
    A few weeks ago a fellow member posted a thread asking for someone to design and make a "lime knife" something that was small enough to take to the beach with a bucket of beers, cut limes, and not have to worry about rust on the blade if it wasn't cleaned right away. We went back and forth with a few ideas and I put together this design:

6al4v titanium, Carbidized cutting edge on a full flat grind with a modified chisel edge.
    Blackwood Carbon Fiber from Matt Diskin & Lime green g10 liners
    Caplifter integrated into the handle
    OAL 6in, 2.8in edge

Being full titanium and carbon fiber, rust will never be a problem, and with the carbidized edge it will hold a nice toothy cutting edge for a while, and is pretty easy to touch up. Caplifter works like a charm too...always open to feedback on finishing, technique, etc:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hengelo_77, naturalist, Mecha and 4 others like this.
  2. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Interesting design. Nicely executed.

I saw the bottle opener, and though I would omit that, and then read it was for cutting lines, so the bottle opener made sense....