Time flies. A giveaway.

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by kamagong, Jan 12, 2021.

1. peanutsxx

peanutsxx Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2017
    Congratulations on 20 years here! Wow! I would love to own a khukuri so I'm in (and thank you for the chance).

20 years ago I was transitioning from carrying this Puma to a more office friendly Vic Champ (ignore the peanut please).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

afishhunter, CelloDan and Wild Willie like this.
  2. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Congratulations on twenty years! I’d like others to have a better chance to win since this knife isn’t one I’d use much, so I am not in but I wanted to congratulate you and thank you for the giveaway.

Wild Willie likes this.
  3. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    Not in, but that's a gorgeous knife and this is a very generous GAW. Nicely done! :thumbsup:

Wild Willie likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo

Nov 5, 2001
    I'm in!
    20 yrs ago... I was looking for the first knife I can remember owning. It was a simple dressy pen knife that was gold plated and had my Grandpa's initials engraved on it. Still haven't found it... and never will.

5. lambertiana

lambertiana Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Never had a khukuri, so I'll join in. The knives I enjoyed 20 years ago (at least the ones of which I have easily available pictures) are these:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Velitrius

Velitrius Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2000
    @kamagong I started here a year before you did.

I think like you do... what could I have done with the hours I spent here... earned a degree? Learned to invest my "knife money" more wisely?

It don't matter no more. Good on you for this giveaway. I hope that knife inspires somebody to get some more HI stuff down the road. :thumbsup:

Storm 8593 and Wild Willie like this.
  7. rishma

rishma

Jun 22, 2008
    20 years! That made me go look at when I joined. I’m a newbie by comparison at only 12.5 years. I am in. My son has been drooling over nice machetes and khukuris and I’d love to surprise him with one. edit - his sister bought him a machete for his upcoming birthday (shhh, it’s a secret) so I am going to change this to not an entry but thank you for the awesome GAW.

20 years ago I was carrying a tinker SAK. I had given it to my grandfather as a Christmas gift. When he passed away, my grandmother gave it to me, still in its original box. He had never used it. I later gave it to my son with quite a few miles on it. He was 8 at the time and eventually lost it, as boys do, but he liked it so much he bought himself a replacement and still carries it.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    Storm 8593 and Wild Willie like this.
  8. The_Knife_Man

The_Knife_Man

May 30, 2014
    I'm in

9. Lansky1

Lansky1

Apr 12, 2016
    20 years ... thats a milestone for sure. I'm partial to the ratcliffe muskrat - prolly my most frequent EDC. I'm in

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  10. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    next to the standard bowie or western bowie im accustomed to seeing, kukris are super bad asss! not an entry, but thanks for the opportunity!

11. johnnywizzo

johnnywizzo

Mar 1, 2018
    I'm in.

12. edison

edison

Jun 20, 2004
    Not an entry....very nice knife and very generous of you! :)

13. anthonycastorena2014

anthonycastorena2014 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2014
    I'm in! Congratulations on your 20 year!! Just out of curiosity how would one check how long they have been a member? How do you think your tastes have changed? I went from carrying ZT,Spyderco, ect to carrying traditional mostly GEC. Things sure do change. What have you noticed about your progression?

Marlingspike12 likes this.
  14. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Congrats for the first 20 years :) Not an entry because these days these kind of knives could be frowned upon! :eek: Good luck to the entrants. :)
    First knife was an opi, long time lost, 20 years ago I had a big sak I had bought in Land's End, with pen in leather sheath and everything needed on location except maybe a coffee maker, that was always on my work table next to a pack of Gitanes and matches. Someday someone took all...:(

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    Will Power and Marlingspike12 like this.
  15. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    You've been a member since November 27th 2014 ;)

anthonycastorena2014 likes this.
  16. scattershot

scattershot

May 31, 2007
    Beautiful knife,generous giveaway. Congrats on 20 years. I’m in, thanks.

The knife I carried in 1991 was a Buck 301, since used up and I no longer have it. Great knife, though.

17. Wild Willie

Wild Willie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2018
    1991 was 30 years ago... Not to be that guy, but I couldn't resist. :p

abbydaddy and Mike Robuck like this.
  18. Marlingspike12

Marlingspike12

May 28, 2019
    Im in. I like to congratulate you on your 20th year in BF!
    20 years ago I was into SAKs and modern folders(mostly Benchmade). I have since sold or given away most of my SAKs except for 3 and I only have one modern folder left. Back then I was also interested in traditional sheath knives back then e.g. Bosnian Bichak, Gaucho knives, Bolos, Khukuris etc. I liked to read about them anyway.
    My bolo and khukuri:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Edited to make it an entry. :) Thanks for this wonderful opportunity.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  19. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Congratulations on your milestone Christian! 20 years is quite an accomplishment. Here's to your third decade here on the Porch. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Thanks for the chance on the khukuri, I'm in!
    2001 was a banner year in my life which somehow makes it's easy to remember that I then owned three pocket knives and one fixed blade. I still enjoy all of them but my favorite was the Victorinox that went (and still goes) nearly everywhere with me in the green hip pouch seen here, whenever I'm involved in any outdoor sport. It's my hunting, fishing, sailing, camping, hiking, canoeing companion the...
    Vic Huntsman
    [​IMG]
    sparerow

20. scattershot

scattershot

May 31, 2007
    OOPS! See, time really does fly. At 74, most things are just a blur, anyway.

Actually, I still had that knife in 2001, but it was on its last legs.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    Wild Willie likes this.