1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 33 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 17 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Too Many Knives?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rover, Jul 1, 2019.

1. onekerf

onekerf Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2008
    0><0 = 1
    1 = 0

2. not2sharp

not2sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 1999
    The simple solution is to stop counting and start enjoying them.

n2s

Pomsbz, 4mer_FMF, hiwa and 1 other person like this.
  3. miso2

miso2 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2014
    We only have zero, one, and two in the numerical system of our culture.
    Well, regarding knives.

4. gazz98

gazz98 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2008
    I have too many. Too many sit in the drawer and haven't been carried in a long time. I need to thin the herd.

5. Houlahound

Houlahound

Aug 2, 2017
    I have way more knives than sheaths so not sure if I have too many knives or not enough sheaths..... wut do?

Icky Thump likes this.
  6. Icky Thump

Icky Thump

Dec 8, 2011
    Buy more knives.

"Buy more knives".. is always the answer...

tony281sc2 likes this.
  7. soc_monki

soc_monki

Apr 5, 2019
    I have 26 knives. I'm about to get a 27th. I have 35 slots in my case. I do not have too many.

Although it can be tough to choose which ones I want to carry...sometimes I swap up during the day. I really do enjoy them all!

4mer_FMF, TenShun705 and tony281sc2 like this.
  8. Velitrius

Velitrius Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2000
    This, in spades.

I got no idea how many knives I have. Whatever the number is, it must not be too many because I keep getting more.

4mer_FMF and TenShun705 like this.
  9. mabrowns

mabrowns

Apr 18, 2012
    People collect coin's some collect stamps at least knife collecting is something that you can use.

kaos 13, TenShun705 and jackknife like this.
  10. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    I agree. Nobody here cares how many you own. Use them. Enjoy them. I have never counted my knife pile simply because I don't care.

11. jwh720

jwh720 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 21, 2016
    The title is click bait....I thought it was going to be a giveaway :D

12. Bob6794

Bob6794

Apr 21, 2013
    Too many knives? I don't have enough to arm my country in case of an invasion. Afterwards what if they want to dual wield, and a backup knife. Can't forget replacements, and loaners while they send it back for maintenance and repairs. Than we have the multi tools, and specialty knives to worry about.

I don't have anywhere near enough, I need more.

13. Daedric Panther

Daedric Panther Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2019
    A few months ago, my collection was just over 50 knives counting multi tools and throwers. Now it’s at 14 and I’m still reducing. Strangely most of them are multi tools. Here’s what I ask myself

1. Do I intend to carry and use it?
    2. Is it sentimental?

If the answer to both of those is no, then I either gift it away, or sell it. I could use the money and the knives don’t do me any good sitting in the garage if they don’t get used. All the safe queens are gone. The benchmades and Spydercos have been replaced by an old trapper I bought second or third hand here on the exchange for $30. Nothing fancy, but it’s sharpens up way easier and slices every bit as well as my Spydercos did.

jmh33 likes this.
  14. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    I do have too many of several things. Knives definitely. I will never use them all. However, at this point in time they still bring me joy.

I have recently moved to a different state, and had to pare down my belongings. I got rid of 9 motorcycles (still have 8) - and probably should get rid of a few more.

I did recently sell off some knives - but then immediately bought another one....

It's hopeless lol

best

mqqn

15. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I disagree. He who gets your knives when you die wins.

16. Velitrius

Velitrius Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2000
    HAHAHAHAHA! The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

TenShun705 likes this.
  17. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    When you buy that 36th knife, then a new case. Dangit, then you'll need 34 more knives. :D

18. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Isn't that the way it should work?

19. gadgetgeek

gadgetgeek

May 19, 2007
    She doesn't think I have too many knives, she thinks I don't have enough, because I will notice if one goes missing. If I was to have enough to not keep track of, then the household would have enough knives. I'm a thinking... and very lucky man.

20. specgrade

specgrade Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2009
    The police officer told me I have too many knives. Does that make it so?