1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Bad Trade Deal with Silent Arrow

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by gatorforge, May 14, 2020.

1. SilentArrow

SilentArrow

Nov 7, 2017
    You see no problem? Anyone calling you a thief or scammer on a public forum? Anyone telling everyone to not do business with you? Guess there is no problem for you. Just me right?

2. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    How long have you had possession of both blades ? If it exceed a few days (once the details were corrected and a offer of returning shipping being covered was made) you ARE in the wrong. At this point I don't think it matters which bade you ship as long as you are not sitting on both.

Quiet, Pete1977 and benchwarmer380 like this.
  3. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    *snip*He said he had been very busy, and had simply forgotten all about it. That he heard I was talking shit about something that was all my fault, that I had lied in my post, that I was a crybaby, that I am a worthless piece of shit democrat, that I can go fuck myself, that the knife I trade him was a piece of shit and he was doing me a favor.

On a positive note, he said I would get my sword back...when he felt like it. And "not a goddamn thing you can do about it since you ran your fucking mouth". Followed by another Fuck You. *snip*

Was this an accurate description of your last conversation?

Quiet, TOMBSTONE and bflying like this.
  4. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Yeah, those comments always make me giggle a little when I hear/read them. And, is it possible to "defame" a fictional character? I mean, unless SilentArrow is on a birth certificate....anywho, now I digress. :D

Crazy Canuck, Lee D, mrknife and 4 others like this.
  5. Ruzster

Ruzster

May 7, 2001
    SA, I'm sorry to hear about your struggles and stresses. Everything gets amplified in these crazy times. I'm glad you decided you can tough this glitch out too. I wish you well.

KELAMA and matt009au like this.
  6. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    Tell that to the wife and kids of my boss who just passed away from Covid-19. I'd keep comments like that to PA and the other subforum for stuff like that.

Honestly, your first post/reaction in this thread is more than enough to stop me from doing future business with you without knowing anything about the current issue.

7. Pete1977

Pete1977 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Watch out, he might call his lawyer on you.

@SilentArrow grow up, be a man, and do the right thing. Empty threats and posturing on here will only hurt you more. Lots of people have threatened to sue us here on GBU but none ever have.
    Lots of people have also pulled the same stunts as you have and have never sold here again. It is up to you. Do the right thing and return the guy’s sword.

The only one defaming your character and hurting your reputation here is you.

woodysone, stonesell, mrknife and 4 others like this.
  8. palonej

palonej Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Lawyer???
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Bull:poop::poop::poop::poop:

woodysone, Wharn, Cvrobinson and 4 others like this.
  9. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Not much your attorney can do either, genius.

10. Quiet

Oct 11, 2013
    It's what happens when you get people that aren't that good at using the internet, who think that their threats hold weight because of that one time a restaurant got an order wrong, they threatened to sue the evening manager and he caved and comped their whole meal. So, now they think "Well, I can be a complete jackass, and then just threaten people with a mention of a lawyer and they'll just do whatever I say." because they aren't really good at this whole internet thing.

That won't work here.

neo71665, woodysone, Pàdruig and 5 others like this.
  11. Quiet

Oct 11, 2013
    You still got the guy's property, while also being in possession of your own. Please stop acting like the offended party. No one here cares about whatever issues are going on in your personal life. When you got YOUR knife back, you should have immediately sent HIS knife back. As you haven't, you're technically in possession of stolen property. Why not discuss that with your lawyer? :)

12. Steven65

Steven65 Traditional Hog Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2008
    I suggest that the quickest way to shut down this thread and prove everybody wrong is to do what you posted.

Send the man back his property immediately. It will remedy the situation and everybody can move on.

13. NCCNC

NCCNC

Jan 26, 2013
    I doubt his divorce attorney is going to offer much sound advice on his rock solid defamation suit.

14. Monofletch

Monofletch Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 14, 2010
    I know is ANYONE talked, text, or PMed me cussing and name calling they would be blocked IMMEDIATELY!

woodysone likes this.
  15. Chefget

Chefget Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 2, 1998
    Hehehe....lawyer.....Hehehe

mrknife and woodysone like this.
  16. LastRodeo

LastRodeo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2013
    "Contacting my lawyer..." is the Hail Mary thrown up by every dude with no defense for his actions.

17. KELAMA

KELAMA Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 28, 2013
    ^ Your attorney??? o_O That's deplorable, unfathomable, improbable! :D

^ Not to mention, it's also: Outrageous, Egregious, Preposterous.....
    Lewd, Lascivious, and Salacious!!!!!!

IMO, you were flouting society's (BladeForums) conventions with this totally one sided trade, SilentArrow, & you know it! Regardless, you have my sincerest apology, SA.

18. PirateSeulb

PirateSeulb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 6, 2017
    Most people began siding with OP due to your absence here more so than OPs story as most are willing and wanting to hear the other side of the story before jumping to conclusion. Your attitude since showing up here only further damages your image as you come in not so much to set the record straight but to accuse and threaten nearly all participants of attacking your character and livelihood.

19. KingMC

KingMC The Pun-isher Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Without your side of the story, all the given evidence points towards you scamming someone out of their blade, once you finally showed up you had a chance to give your side of the story and clear your name and instead you just resort to insulting and threatening everybody here. That tact never works to clear one's name, in fact it almost always reinforces the opinion that you're the one in the wrong, and so far all the evidence you gave hasn't been convincing enough to think you're still not the one who's screwing this up.

It's easy to just ship the other guy's blade back, and then at the very least you'd prove you weren't trying to scam him. If you don't ship it back you're the one who's 100% in the wrong, so as long as he doesn't have his blade back you're the one who's going to suffer any consequences.

20. stonesell

stonesell Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Exactly this, talking like a street thug or ex con is not the proper way to conduct business with another forum member.