Trench bowie one off

Discussion in 'BRT Bladeworks' started by BenR.T., Nov 17, 2016.

1. BenR.T.

BenR.T. Tanto grinder & High performance blade peddler Moderator

Apr 18, 2011
    Hey guys! So I've been on kind of an old school kick lately, looking at a lot of cutlass, military and especially WWII blades.
    This is my version of a trench knife. The 9.5" blade is CPM 3V with a large fuller to help balance it out. The guard is wrought iron and the handle is some of my vintage black micarta (from the 60's).
    I really don't a lot of sculpted hidden tangs, partly because there are so many makers that just nail them, and partly because I am focused on other styles. This is only my third one probably.

The sheath is also an old school style, but I also made it capable of being mounted with a Tek Lok or molle lok. It is all hand stitched, dyed and waxed.

Pretty pleased with the whole package.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

.357gus, fonedork and hugofeynman like this.
  2. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    I love your Japanese-style pieces but this is maybe my favorite......just phenomenal my friend!!!!! :cool:

3. Mike157

Mike157 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 29, 2006
    I agree with Dudley. Pretty darn incredible. Every nano meter of that knife speaks to me.

If there is a Seattle show next year, and you're going, you'll have to at least have one on the table. Mike

4. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Man I love that knife! ;)