TRM Atom Brick and Mortar Drop

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Axle77, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Axle77

Axle77 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 5, 2018
    Just picked up this beaut from a my local blade shop today. They just got them in two days ago. No basis for comparison as this is my first TRM but man these things are nice!!

Attached Files:

elde66 and Kaizen1 like this.
  2. rpttrsn

rpttrsn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2006
    Nice looking knife. Like the blade shape and OA design. Good luck with it.

Axle77 likes this.
  3. Petru Ursu

Petru Ursu

Sep 10, 2020
    Where did you buy it from ?

4. Axle77

Axle77 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 5, 2018
    TRM started a relationship with several stores around the country where you can only buy their knives in the store only and not online. If you know where the capital of the Buckeye State is then you’ll know the blade store I went to..

5. Petru Ursu

Petru Ursu

Sep 10, 2020
    Can you please dm me or email [email protected] I have few questions if you have time.

6. Sonnydaze

Sonnydaze Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I am carrying my Atom full-time...WONDERFUL FOLDER TO CASUAL USE.
    I just got mine back from TRM...a great company owned and run by Marianne Halpern. I sent it to her to have the detent lightened enuf so that I could "flick" it open easily. Several days "in-house" and she rushed it back...small box Priority (her expense), and I had it back...better than new...
    Ms. Halpern runs a great shop, and of course, their folders are only a small part of what this fine U.S. company manufactures...
    The Atom is the larger brother of the earlier "Electron" which was the 2018 Knife of the Year by Nick Shabazz. Nick loves both of them... and the Atom is my pride and joy.
    Nice drop-point blade shape, spine thknss of 0.090", 0.022" behind the edge, 20CV of 60-61 RC hardness, 3.5" blade with grip of 3.6". Using skeletonized titanium liners, it holds the knife at 3 ounces. Polished phosphor bronze washers, double titanium studs, deep-carry titanium pocket clip and rock-solid lockup...
    Oh...and did I mention how sharp it is? WOW! And I am one who appreciates "scary-sharp" edges that just glide through anything in their path...
    Right now, my "much more expensive" folders are not getting any pocket time.
    But, that's okay...I really enjoy this Atom.
    Thanks, Marianne Halpern, for a knife that I've been waiting for....for a very long time..