1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 24 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Benchmade 535 Bugout, along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Trying to figure out how this happened...

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by AZbuckNM, May 22, 2019.

1. AZbuckNM

AZbuckNM

Oct 23, 2018
    About 8 months ago I was walking through an antique mall and this folding knife (110 two dot) caught my eye so I picked it up for a Benjamin. I hadn't had a Buck since i was a kid (in my 40's now). Fast forward to today... I have 25+ Buck knives mostly 110's and 112's with new and old one's arriving in the mail on a weekly basis.

My wife and kiddos think I'm crazy and she rolls her eyes every time a new one show up. I am obsessed with picking up Buck knives now, I cant pass them up...This happen to anyone else?

J Hubbard, KarlG, jbmonkey and 3 others like this.
  2. Haebbie

Haebbie Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 27, 2006
    The symptoms are typical. You are infected with the incurable Buck fever. Nothing to do only to buy the Buck knives you like. This is the only way to get satisfaction enough.

Haebbie (who is infected too)

3. David Martin

David Martin Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 7, 2008
    AZ, welcome to the Buck Forum. Look into posting pictures of your Buck knives as the gents here like that. Did you get the sheath with
    your 2 dot? DM

jbmonkey and sassafrassdogs3 like this.
  4. BP_

BP_ Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2015
    Welcome to buck fever :)

We’ve all caught the bug around here :thumbsup:

KarlG and jbmonkey like this.
  5. jb4570

jb4570 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Lol AZ,

You are describing most of us here on the Buck forum. It hit me late 2004 and I still have the Buck Fever, only cure is another Buck knife. We love photos here!

6. TAH

TAH Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2001
    Warning: Buck Fever is very contagious. DO NOT LOOK AT PHOTOS!

7. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    I'm there - until a few months ago, I hadn't had a Buck knife since the 80s. I haven't gone totally Buck-wild, though, as I have only bought 10 (and, believe it or not, my mother found a couple while going through some old boxes; so I've got those back).
    I've got 5 x 501 (3 are recent SFOs), 2 x 503,
    1 x 704, 2 x 055, and 1 x 112. Oh, and a 319 that I have to get around to finding a new home.

AntDog, KarlG and jbmonkey like this.
  8. David Martin

David Martin Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 7, 2008
    AZ, you gave a Benjamin for a 2 dot. It should have the original sheath, box and papers & new. DM

9. gedlicks

gedlicks Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Good luck keeping that obsession in check. You soon will be lying and hiding knives from your wife and having knives shipped to your friends house instead of your own.

Tecate likes this.
  10. AZbuckNM

AZbuckNM

Oct 23, 2018
    No sheaths but I've been trying to pick those up from flea markets and antique shops as I see them. I've only gotten 2

11. AZbuckNM

AZbuckNM

Oct 23, 2018
    I've sent and received back 12 from spa treatments and they came back amazing! When I get some time I'll try to post before and after shots. I have two 112's with Shedua scales that I can't wait to send in.

12. AZbuckNM

AZbuckNM

Oct 23, 2018
    Ha! I meant Andrew Jackson!!! I'm a little embarrassed....I try to keep all of my old purchases under $40. I picked up two 112's with Shedua scales for $35 and $45 each

redcanoe likes this.
  13. AZbuckNM

AZbuckNM

Oct 23, 2018
    I already have a hiding place! It's getting bad

14. st8yd

st8yd Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Kinda like how I recieved the email for the "limited production" knives yesterday saw the NS drop point 111 so i imediately got online to order "it" then got to thinking about the other knives i had been contemplating, so I called the factory and wound up ordering 5 knives!

GPyro likes this.
  15. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    there are far worse hobbies and habits to develop........than buck buying, using and collecting. tell my wife that all the time. she dont believe me though.:D

welcome to buck buying.....

honestlyinsane likes this.