UKPK Fan

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Nepling00, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Nepling00

Nepling00 Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 24, 2020
    I am aware the Delica is a Spyderco icon, but I find I like my UKPK even better. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite EDC knives. It’s thin blade slices amazing and is almost unnoticeable in the pocket. Even though I am not much a fan of slip joints, this one feels safe and efficient. I would like to know your thoughts.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    tranders and inkynate like this.
  2. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    Wait till you find out about the 3.5 Canadian Pen Knife.

YagyuShintoRyu likes this.
  3. maugust09

maugust09

Mar 14, 2018
    The UKPK and sage series are some of my favorite designs. Although not always my "go-to's", they are very ergonomical and unbelievable slicers.

4. maugust09

maugust09

Mar 14, 2018
    Can we get some more info on this

5. Halfbaked94

Halfbaked94 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 25, 2019
    Am from the UK so this is oen of my few options and love it, have 5,one is s110v the heinnie Haynes special in s30v with full back space and stronger back spring (my fave and a bargain at £55) the standard black in leaf and drop point and the ole school original in s30 v and army green. The latters back spring is so weak I never use it, just shows how they continously improve. What a knife!

6. inkynate

inkynate

Sep 4, 2010
    Took this pic recently for a thread on the main Spydie forum. It illustrates my thoughts on the matter. :)

[​IMG]

willc and Halfbaked94 like this.
  7. Halfbaked94

Halfbaked94 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 25, 2019
    Very nice,what's the far left red one? I still can't figure out how to upload pictures on here it always says the picture mb size is to much!

8. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    Last word is that it was going to look like a magnified Heinnie Haynes. with red scales.

There was a tempest in a teapot about importing knives into Canada so they came up with a bigger version that's also supposed to be a good fit for Germany.

No production dates released yet.

9. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    Hi Nepling00,

Welcome to our forum and thanx for your comments.

sal

10. inkynate

inkynate

Sep 4, 2010
    That's the HH exclusive. Probably just the compression of the pic making the scales look different (free 3rd party hosting site).

11. maugust09

maugust09

Mar 14, 2018
    So it will still be the same design as the UKPK it sounds?

Id like to see a smaller version, around ladybug size but slipjoint :)

12. Peter1960

Peter1960

Nov 15, 2005
    I'm a big fan of the UKPK in all variants and I like the drop point versions most!

It would be even a better slicer if the blade behind the edge would be thinner ... :rolleyes:

13. Nepling00

Nepling00 Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 24, 2020
    I wonder what it mean for edge stability if were thinner. I think it would be great for myself because I don’t like to abuse my knifes. But I doubt we will see one thinner. It seems many consumers expect knifes to hold up to abuse. It seems as though spyderco is willing to make thinner edges than many manufacturers.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  14. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    Yes this one sounds like an plus sized UKPK. Haven't seen a talk about a smaller version.

For now the Bug would be the only smaller pick.

15. 4mer_FMF

4mer_FMF Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2016
    The UKPK is awesome.
    I’ve also gifted a few of them and they seem to be praised by the recipients.