1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Uncle Bill Is Gone

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Rusty, Mar 28, 2005.

1. eleven

eleven

Nov 11, 2004
    ...smoke...

2. komondor

komondor

Jul 2, 2001
    I don't know much about the HI forum but I do know that Bill was a very much loved and respected individual who had a profound presence among everyone here.

He will be greatly missed.

Sincerest condolences to all his close ones.

Yes, he has spirited to a better place.

3. gravertom

gravertom

Jun 4, 2004
    Yangdu, my prayers for you will continue. Rusty too.

Bill made a great impression on me, and I am a better man for having known him through this place. The good he has done for me will pass on through whatever small good I can go for others in my time that remains.

Engraving lasts as long as the metal into which it is cut.

Bill, a finely honed life, made many beautiful and deep marks in all of us.

May they be visible still in this place, and may we continue the work.

Tom

:(

Ad Astra likes this.
  4. mross

mross

Nov 10, 2003
    Damn, I guess it's true, all good things must come to an end. :(

5. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    Not all - or not for a while at least. His good works can go on with the support of all here.

6. t1mpani

t1mpani

Jun 6, 2002
    Just heard,
    Wish I'd been better about staying around the Cantina recently, while I had the opportunity. My thoughts are with you, Yangdu.

Warren

7. levs18

levs18

Jun 25, 2000
    Sad news to say the least. I hope he has found peace. -Lev

8. Kampfjaeger

Kampfjaeger Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2001
    Goodbye Uncle Bill.

At first I felt a cold and hollow feeling in my chest - a shock when I learned of his death. However, after a few minutes, I felt a warmth infuse me.

He made my life richer for his being here. I'm a better man for having met him - even though it was just on the forum.

We are not diminished due to his passing. We are enriched for his living. Thank you Uncle Bill... For everything in general and nothing in particular. I'll miss reading your wry wit and kind sentiments. Someday our paths will cross again. Until then, take care and save me a beer.

Yangdu... My deepest condolences. Please let us know if there is anything we can do. Please.

David

9. Novadak

Novadak

Mar 14, 2000
    Deepest condolences from Seattle. He will be greatly missed. :(

10. hclark

hclark

Jun 3, 2003
    :( :( :(

11. fenryr

fenryr

Mar 26, 2004
    I'm so sorry to hear of Uncle Bill's passing. I just got the word from Pendentive and have been out of the office. My heart and prayers go out to Yangdu and family. If there is anything I may do please let me know......

My sincerest regrets.....

Steve

12. ichor

ichor

Aug 27, 2002
    After reading the comments from the folks on this forum, through my heart felt sadness, I don't believe this kind, trusting and generous man is truly gone.....but lives on in our thoughts, and certainly in our hearts. Deepest sympathy, Yangdu.

13. Greymoor

Greymoor

Dec 12, 2002
    Fair skies and gentle breeze Uncle Bill . . .

14. Finn

Finn

Apr 5, 2001
    This is hard

15. Finn

Finn

Apr 5, 2001
    We all pass to the other side, and those who truly wish meet again.

Farewell for now my Friend

16. Shintaro29

Shintaro29 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Sad but also glad that he is no more in pain. Another great journey in his next life. Brave but not forgotten.
    We miss you Bill......

17. tbarahon

tbarahon

Mar 10, 2002
    This is one of those days when you really hate to receive mail.
    For me the problem is not that Uncle Bill is dead, because I believe I'll see him again. That is not what saddenes me. The problem is that he is no longer here, and I'll have to wait to see him again, and that makes me sad.
    I know that when mi time comes, Uncle Bill will one of the guys waiting for me there with a Heineken and one Kukh he knows it is perfect for me.
    Smoke and prayers from SoCal to him and Yangdu.

Please say if there is something else we can do.

Teo

18. JUSTRIGHT

JUSTRIGHT

Aug 10, 2001
    PLEASE LORD TELL ME WHY????? :( That is all I keep saying to myself.Yangdu please except condolences....I just found out 1342hrs.I wish I could have met you sooner Tio Bill.I should have checked my mail earlier. :footinmou

19. JUSTRIGHT

JUSTRIGHT

Aug 10, 2001
    Peace Be With You! :(

20. JUSTRIGHT

JUSTRIGHT

Aug 10, 2001
    I will carry my AK today in honor of Bill Martino... ;) God bless all of you.Be strong Yangdu.