1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 33 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 17 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Upcoming Procedure Dates.....

Discussion in 'H.I. Cantina' started by Yvsa, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    Well here it is at long last my friends..... I go for my new "Full Spine" Milogram and "Full Spine" CT Scan the 28th, three weeks from today, Wed. October 7th, and then I go back to see my neurosurgeon the 6th of November, basically four weeks from yesterday, to see what is feasible and what is not feasible.:thumbup:

The helluvit is I've been having a lot of trouble with my neck popping more and more lately and *Not* just gentle pops but pops loud enough to be audible across the room!!!!!
    Along with that the tips of my fingers on my left hand have started getting kind of numb again and so far it's only down to the first joint and hopefully won't get any worse. Besides that my fingers on my right hand have also been getting kind of number and number further up from the tips.
    My right hand pinkie and ring finger are now kinda numb all the way down too my hand, the middle and index fingers and my thumb are now kinda/sorta numb down to the second joint.
    And that's why I was pushing for a "Full Spine" scan so we'll see what happens. I asked my surgeon if the CT Scan could be done from the base of my skull to the bottom of my tailbone and he confirmed that's what it would be.

When I/we go back in the 6th and after deciding just what can be done we'll go ahead and set up the surgery date.
    And seeing as how the 6th of November is getting real close to Thanksgiving I'm thinking we can maybe do the surgery on the 1st of December.....
    The reason being is that most of our/Barbie's kids and some of our grandkids are coming in for Turkey Day again this year like they have for the last few years and we all have a great time.:thumbup: :cool: :D
    And seeing as how there's always the off chance that the person being operated on might not wake up after surgery I'd rather not take any chances on making everyone's holiday sad if on the off chance that such a thing would happen.:eek: :eek: :(

And I do understand that even if such a thing should happen *After* Thanksgiving it'll still be a sad thing for everyone who cares for me but at least hopefully everyone will all have the memories of good times for the day itself..... Anyway that's my reasoning.....;) :D

2. Tohatchi NM

Tohatchi NM

Mar 26, 2002
    Thanks for the update. Hopefully they'll figure out a good improvement. :thumbup:

3. markksr

markksr

Mar 15, 2007
    [​IMG]

4. Sylvrfalcn

Sylvrfalcn

Jun 4, 2002
    Smoke and prayer that your family has not one, but two Thanksgivings this year old friend.

Sarge

5. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    Smoke up, Yvsa. We're pulling for you:thumbup:

6. Shann

Shann

Sep 2, 2004
    Good luck! Keep us posted. I hope the scans bring positive news. Have a great Thanksgiving with the family and then nothing but success on the surgery.

7. Kismet

Kismet

Jan 30, 2002
    Yuh nSuh?

Well...

you know.

8. MacHete

MacHete Hair Cropper & Chipmunk Wrangler

Apr 7, 2000
    Thanks for the update my friend!

Thoughts and prayers have been continuing, but it's nice to have a time frame for focus. :)

9. OldPhysics

OldPhysics

Sep 2, 2006
    Now that sounds like the right sentiment!:):thumbup:

It's all about you now, my friend. Do what you need to do, knowing we are all here for you.:D

10. Roger Smith

Roger Smith

Oct 22, 2001
    Smoke and prayers for you Yvsa. Always.

11. wolfmann601

wolfmann601 Gone, but not forgotton. RIP Ira.

Mar 12, 2001
    Best of luck my old friend!!!

12. Spectre

Spectre

Nov 3, 1998
    Best wishes, Uncle.

13. leebrewer

leebrewer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Smoke and prayers during the bad season. Keep your spirit warm. May the spring flowers come fast for you.

14. gravertom

gravertom

Jun 4, 2004
    continued prayers from here!

:)

Tom

15. b.c.molin

b.c.molin

Nov 28, 2008
    Smoke & Prayers.

16. ACStudios

ACStudios Gold Member Gold Member