1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Update On Master Kami Bura

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    I have great news today.

I had a phone call from the Royal Kami Bura in Nepal. I spoke with him for
    several minutes and he told me that he is feeling better and wants to return
    to Shop #1, the old shop, and help supervise the old Kamis.

He said that he is under medication and cannot work steel like he used to do,
    but he can check the other Kamis work and keep up HI's quality. I am delighted that
    he is feeling well enough to return to the shop. He does need money for his
    medical expenses and I will send that to him soon.

This is great news for all of you forumites and HI. He wanted all of you who
    helped him during his illness to know that he appreciated your help and good
    wishes. He sends his thanks to all of you and is looking forward to working with you again.

I will let all of you know once Bura comes back to the old shop.
    Thank you all for your supports our Kmais

2. teclis22

teclis22

Jun 10, 2009
    Awesomely good news !

If the royal kami can do some instructions and over see the QC i think it will be a benefit for everyone. The customers, the other kamis to have a chance to learn and for bura to get back to what he enjoys doing.

best regards

3. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    This is Awesome News!
    You just can't keep a good man down.
    Give him all our love, Auntie!

4. captlid

captlid

Feb 23, 2002
    Awesome God bless. :cool:

5. hunglvq

hunglvq

Jun 8, 2008
    Thanks Auntie for such a fantastic news! I always wish to see Bura be strong enough to pound steel...

Hung

6. BFH44

BFH44

Nov 3, 2010
    if i was a young man in Nepal I would like to know him - from what i hear of him he reminds me of the older men who taught me the trades - when i was 15 doing construction i always looked to learn from the older men because they had wisdom with the knowledge not just knowledge

He sound like that type - Blessings and healthy recovery I wish for him

7. Abaniko

Abaniko

Jun 2, 2006
    Good news these days is something to be cherished. Thank you Yangdu and best wishes to Master Bura :)

8. Wolf_1989

Wolf_1989

Mar 30, 2007
    I feel fortunate to own three of Bura's blades.

9. DaddyDett

DaddyDett

Jan 9, 2006
    excellent!

10. tyr_shadowblade

tyr_shadowblade

Jan 3, 2006
    I am gladdened to hear Bura is getting well and feeling better. :)

11. Nicholas

Nicholas

Apr 1, 2009
    Welcome back, Boss.

12. Billy516

Billy516 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2007
    That's great news and I am very happy to hear Bura is feeling better!

13. SilverFoxKnows

SilverFoxKnows

Sep 25, 2002
    That's good to hear.

Frank

14. b.c.molin

b.c.molin

Nov 28, 2008
    Excellent tidings! :)

Good news for Bura, HI, and all those who admire him and his work. :D

15. leebrewer

leebrewer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Suhweet!

16. Original

Original

Sep 28, 2007
    Ahh, that is wonderful news!! I will pray for Master Bura's continued healing and a return of all his strength.

Please let us know if there is anything he would like from the US. that he cannot get in Nepal.

17. Tohatchi NM

Tohatchi NM

Mar 26, 2002
    Good news.

18. MrMike

MrMike

Jan 22, 2006
    I have one of the last sirupates he forged before he became ill. This is very good news. We all wish Bura the best at his return. I'm sure his attention to detail will be impeccable.

19. beoram

beoram

Nov 27, 2001
    Great news!

20. IRON HEAD

IRON HEAD

Jan 28, 2007
    Outstanding news.