USGladius any experience with em?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Hawgsnawt, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Hawgsnawt

Hawgsnawt

Aug 16, 2015
    I dunno why, can't explain the draw, but I'm wanting to order a US Gladius knife just for grins... I know they use a pretty low end steel based on cost of the item, but he seems to be a self run small time business guy and hey, I can support that if the product is funky enough to separate me from my wallet.... his design is just barely there, but it is there.

Anyone have any experience with em? Thoughts? Concerns?

Other than the questionable steel, I'm not seeing a lot I don't like for a purely " for funsies just cause I can " type knife that serves no practical purpose outside a war zone.

Love to hear what you guys think....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cricketdave

cricketdave Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Had never heard of them before, after seeing them kind of want one to play with.

3. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    They are about strength and honor.

4. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Gold Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Those look super dumb, sorry man. I hope you get one and it makes you happy, though.

5. breavis5694

breavis5694 Gold Member Gold Member

May 7, 2015
    I have the desert warrior and I wanted to hate it but it's not bad at all

6. Alberta Ed

Alberta Ed

Jun 29, 1999
    Get a real one. There are a number of sources that make functional replicas.

7. Larry Turko

Larry Turko

Oct 4, 2007
    I have the Thraex XII, the smallest model, and the XIV, the biggest model, which is shown above. Practical ? Questionable steel? It might dull after your tenth battle in the arena? The fact is they feel great in the hand and, best of all, they look super freakin cool! They remind me a little of my Cold Steel Shanghai Shadow and Shanghai Warrior. In summation I have to quote Road Warrior Hawk; "Awwwh! What a russssh !

8. dirc

dirc

Jan 31, 2018
    my sword urge has been satisfied with the ontario ct5 - it's 27.5" overall of good 1075 steel, and still priced like a south american machete, yet made in the USA

[​IMG]

I just looked up your gladius, and they seem to use 8cr13 steel, which is surprisingly better than I expected.... (3cr13 is typical for these types of fantasy/apocalypse knife shaped objects)

FWIW, I think they're quite expensive - but if you like it, try it out and report back

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  9. Legendary_Jarl

Legendary_Jarl

Feb 8, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2020