Victorinox Nylon

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by 315, Jun 7, 2020.

1. NMpops

NMpops

Aug 9, 2010
    84 & 91 mm Nylon scales are hard to find. Back a few years ago Swiss Bianco sold them on his website so I bought several in both sizes in red, black & blue, so all my users have nylon scales. I also have an Economy Recruit & Tinker. I just ordered a set of checkered nylon (?) from Etsy for a 91 mm. Hope I like them as well as economy nylon.

jmh33 and Pomsbz like this.
  2. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    I got some etsy nylon scales (cheap ones) but the fit simply wasn't good. You could feel the edges of the frame alongside the plastic. There's a guy on etsy selling nylon scales that seem to have tire track patterns on them, they look ok but haven't been enough to make me pull the trigger. Especially as the international shipping is quite high. I bought some wooden scales on the bay a while back but really missed having the tweezer/toothpick cutout. That set I bought on etsy rather soured me to buying aftermarket if I can't see them first. I'd want them to be exactly the same shape as the victorinox, not flatter or thinner. The wooden ones were better but thicker than the standard SAK ones. Those SAK default scales are simply very comfortable in hand in a way that I've yet to see from aftermarket.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    jlomein, allenC and Ace Rimmer like this.
  3. jmh33

jmh33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Give me a Hiker with Yellow or Orange Nylon scales and I am SET!!!;)
    John

4. Stelth

Stelth

Jul 15, 2007
    I removed the cellidor and put copper scales on my Swiss Champ. It's heavy as it is but I keep it in my backpack so I epoxied them on. It has a nice heft.

allenC and jmh33 like this.
  5. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Well, I ended up grabbing a couple more for $12 each. It was one of those too good to pass up deals.

[​IMG]

Pomsbz, jmh33, redsparrow and 4 others like this.
  6. jlomein

jlomein

Apr 27, 2009
    $12? You're a thief! ;)

jmh33 and 315 like this.