Villager Utility Knife

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    15 inch 19 ounce Villager Utility Knife by Anil. Sandan wood handle. Leather sheath. Sharp rig at $100 even. *SOLD*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Email to [email protected] to order

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    George Azar and XelaXela like this.
  2. ndoghouse

ndoghouse

Aug 26, 2010
    Man! That right there is a killer deal! Ive been using my villager Khuks daily to keep my wood/metal shop warm! These knives are perfectly capable of splitting 8"-10" logs to feed my Atlanta no.27 woodstove all day! I sometimes have to use a wedge to get through some knotty stuff but the VUK does most all the work. Now once you figure that out and can get one with a sheath./..*^^&*(&^...Dang! Thats a real good deal!!! Arrrgh! Im tellin ya and I do love them two tone handles for sure but somebody is gonna be happy to grab this one!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    Wild Willie and EricTheRedBeard like this.
  3. Wild Willie

Wild Willie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2018
    1613088015277337158865.jpg

I'm happy to say that this baby arrived at my mailbox today. My first one. Just finished up with the stones, now she's ready to get to work.

Bigfattyt, Kismet, Kiteman72 and 3 others like this.
  4. ndoghouse

ndoghouse

Aug 26, 2010
    Awesome Willie! Wish I could show you the pile of wood I just split with mine. I think I got one more day of wood then I got to resort to the Stihl. Sure are fine knives tho!

Wild Willie likes this.
  5. Wild Willie

Wild Willie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I heat the house with wood (I do tree work for a living) haven't needed to bust up any kindling yet, but I am certainly looking forward to using it. Pretty slick package, and I couldn't be happier with it this far!

6. kvaughn

kvaughn Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2005
    I have one of the KLVUK's that came with the Medical Fund sheath years ago. I don't even know here my hatchets are at this point. Great utility user.

XelaXela and Wild Willie like this.
  7. Kismet

Kismet Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Willie? One of the great joys of having a khukuri for me was splitting the larger cuts into smaller segments. Just embed the blade into the top of a sawed log segment, take a thinner piece of wood and drive the khuk blade down into, and through the log segment.
    You can guide the cut with the khuk handle, and drive the force down with your striking hand.

Makes for some nice, quickly burning segments.

Be well and safe.

Wild Willie likes this.
  8. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt

Jun 23, 2007
    That's a great one for a utility chopper.

Thanks for sharing the pics after it got there.

Wild Willie likes this.
  9. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    Thank you for sharing

Wild Willie likes this.
  10. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    We also heat with wood and the khukri is far superior to a hatchet for making kindling. I recently started using my Trisuli Gau for that chore and it works really well.

Wild Willie likes this.
  11. ndoghouse

ndoghouse

Aug 26, 2010
    Glad you got it and is working for you Willie! What you need to think of next is a thicker edge knife (AK) you can dedicate to splitting (that is if you dont have it yet) if you process firewood. I use a Stihl 362 to break logs down 12-16" or so and then a single bit Plumb 3 3/4 lb axe on a hickory 36" staff! Call that blastphemy but once I haul my processed stuff inside then the 20" AK comes into action. The VUK gets things cleaned up on the chopping stump inside to get the flames goin! After that not much else matters! What Bawanna said. Kindling with a Khuk cant be beat. I dont have a hatchet or lightweight axe because a Khuk can do all that with much less effort and much more fun! Enjoy!!!

Wild Willie and XelaXela like this.