*WAS Wednesday BLADE Show edition 1 7/22/20

Discussion in 'W.A. Surls Knives (formerly WAS Knives)' started by allen456, Jul 22, 2020.

1. allen456

allen456 Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 13, 2012
    Thank you everyone for the support! It is truly a pleasure making knives for everyone. It is unfortunate that BLADE Show was canceled, but likely the smartest solution.
    I am excited to do "WAS Wednesday ". It has been a long time. Hope everyone is staying safe and enjoying time with family.

First "I'll take it" applies and please use a full description. Shipping CONUS is included. if outside CONUS, please add $30

Payments for W.A. Surls Knives to WASknives at gmail dot com please.
    [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki

Stekoa JR "Pockelite". These blades are based on the Stekoa JR but I made them into stick tangs and created this scales to create a light weight knife. One is jigged stag bone and the other is antiqued camel bone 8" overall with 3.5" blade. $300 each.

[​IMG]Hosted on Fotki
    [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki

Frontier Hunter with curly Koa over natural liners with white pinstripe flat ground on 1/8" 80crv2. Textured flats and forged curly-q. Sheath included. 8.5" Overall and 3.5" blade $375

Hidden tang dropped Hunter with exquisite sambar stag, copper guard and pommel (pommel shaped to match the texture of the stag) thru-tang, hemp wrap, flat ground on 5/32" 80crv2 antiqued finish. Sheath included. 8 5/8" overall and 4" blade. $440

[​IMG]Hosted on Fotki
    [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki

Nomad with mammoth ivory over black liners. Copper/rawhide wrap and copper pins. Flat ground on 1/8" 80crv2 antiqued finish with tapered tang. Rawhide sheath. I made this one for myself but have decided to let it go. 6.5" overall with 2.75" blade. $425

One off forged 1085 integral petty knife with excellent sambar stag. I forged this one with the guidance of Jason Knight the last time I was at his shop. Great utility knife, I have thoroughly enjoyed mine that is similar 9" overall with 4" cutting edge. $325

[​IMG]Hosted on Fotki
    [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki

2. Luca917

Luca917

Jan 10, 2016

3. Luca917

Luca917

Jan 10, 2016
    Oh that Koa...and that Stag! Literally took my breath away!

I wish!!!

Nbrackett and Choppaman like this.
  4. Greg Rusk

Greg Rusk

Mar 31, 2018
    Frontier Hunter (Koa) - I'll Take it

Choppaman, Luca917 and Nbrackett like this.
  5. allen456

Nov 13, 2012
    Which one?

6. Greg Rusk

Greg Rusk

Mar 31, 2018
    Frontier Hunter with curly Koa over natural liners with white pinstripe flat ground on 1/8" 80crv2. Textured flats and forged curly-q. Sheath included. 8.5" Overall and 3.5" blade $375

Nbrackett and Luca917 like this.
  7. allen456

Nov 13, 2012
    You got it, thank you!

Greg Rusk likes this.
  8. Luca917

Luca917

Jan 10, 2016
    Nice claim, Greg. That koa is spectacular.

Nbrackett and Greg Rusk like this.
  9. Greg Rusk

Greg Rusk

Mar 31, 2018
    Thank you. It is a beautiful knife!

10. TxSportsman

TxSportsman

Feb 7, 2014
    Wow I wish that hidden tang was around 7” OAL, it would be mine! Make that thing to that size, remove the wrap and sell me one. Great batch

11. Moosedog01

Moosedog01 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2017
    I'm a little late to the party, but what an unbelievable line-up. I am really digging that stag hunter.

12. allen456

Nov 13, 2012
    It could be yours. Also, your blade shipped out Friday.

13. lone45wolf

lone45wolf Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2018
    Long shot, but is that Nomad still available? Thanks,
    Clay

14. allen456

Nov 13, 2012
    Yes it is, sorry, just saw this