1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Off Topic We need to buy this hero a REAL knife!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by sixplymaple, Jun 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigWillie

BigWillie

Jun 4, 2019
    Oh there will be time for that

WHy do you think i'm paying?

HAHAHAHAHA

2. specgrade

specgrade Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2009
    He will probably get fired for having a deadly weapon on the job.

3. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp That's right, it's genuine Velveeta... Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Nah, I work as a subcontractor for chicfila sometimes. Half or more of their employees carry knives.

Fullflat likes this.
  4. specgrade

Nov 21, 2009
    I don't like their politics. Won't eat there. Glad he saved a life. His knife did just fine.

5. T.L.E. Sharp

Jun 30, 2016

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  6. specgrade

Nov 21, 2009
    You are too fast! His knife did the job.

7. T.L.E. Sharp

Jun 30, 2016
    Fair enough. Cheers!

8. specgrade

Nov 21, 2009
    Thank you....

9. halflife78

halflife78 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 9, 2016
    For everyone making comments about CFA and knives they are a pro knife company. My 18 year old has worked at a local CFA for 2 years and the majority of the employees carry knives. CFA looks at knives as tools.

10. BigWillie

BigWillie

Jun 4, 2019
    Their politics may not be good but their chicken is

Bigwillie stamp of approval

11. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Would that be a mushroom stamp?

trevitrace likes this.
  12. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    I am all for rewarding the guy with another knife but I just do not understand the tone of the thread title and that of many replies here. Yes the knife may not be as fancy and expensive as the knives that most BFers own in their collection, but the fact that it was used successfully to save a childs life alone should put it in the "knife hall of fame."

A "better" knife in what sense? The knife got the job done, nicely and safely. Lets give it some respect and credit.

13. microbe

microbe

Apr 6, 2016
    2 minutes of Google-Fu tells us this life saving knife is a TAC-Force.
    [​IMG]

The Whip and sixplymaple like this.
  14. scottyj

scottyj

Jan 29, 2009
    Good work by that kid. :thumbsup:

15. HappyDaddy

HappyDaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 21, 2013
    The funniest thing about this thread is concern about knife laws. It’s freaking Flowery Branch, Georgia, for God’s sake!

16. BumblingBear

BumblingBear

Apr 19, 2015
    Since the kid likes karambits, someone should get him a CRKT provoke. Despite being CRKT, it's not bad, and 100x better than what he has.

17. TheEdge01

TheEdge01

Apr 3, 2015
    I agree, a person has the right to defend themselves and no store policy should even attempt to prohibit that. Shame on the convenience store.

18. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    I think the best and most logical thing would be contacting him, sending him a gift card for a supporting vendor and inviting him to join. That way he'll get a knife and can pick one he likes himself and can ask for advice if he feels like he needs it regarding the purchase. That way he can pick whatever he wants and not what we think he needs, especially as others have mentioned, he did something more impressive with his "junky M-Tech Karambit" compared to what the majority of us do on a daily basis with our knives.

19. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Axis stamp;)

20. Hackenslash

Hackenslash Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I’m not sure if this has been mentioned yet but has anyone considered that you’re trying to give a knife to a likely minor?

A gift like this from strangers should meet with the approval of a minor’s parents or guardian.

I’m all for helping out fellow knife knuts but there are limits of what Internet strangers could and should do with a minor.

It also seems a lot more logical to send him a BladeHQ gift card rather than shipping a physical knife. That way he can pick whatever he wants. He can also retain anonymity by claiming the gift card with a burner email.

JJ_Colt45 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.