We were all new here once

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by killgar, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Aryan29

Aryan29

May 20, 2018
    I wish you’d given this advice before:D
    Or I’d heeded to something like this before:p
    Sincerely,

2. erk469

erk469

Jun 6, 2015
    Joined a while back, I love knives and I'm just beginning to get into knife making.

3. Conrad smith

Conrad smith

Apr 18, 2020
    Thanks for the warm welcome
    Yeah I'm sure this is the start of me falling down the rabbit hole of a knife addiction, and I hope there's no cure :p

Stay safe and healthy all.

Retired UPS Driver and Aryan29 like this.
  4. Night Rider

Night Rider Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 16, 2018
    Well welcome erk469. I joined a while back just to get some info on a good work knife and just began making my own blades also. This place has lots of great people who can give you some tips so don't be afraid to ask questions and post pics, we love pics

5. David Mary

David Mary KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 23, 2015
    For example, here's one I made:

IMG_5731.JPG

6. Aryan29

Aryan29

May 20, 2018
    Welcome all. A great pleasure to have new members in this ever growing place of knife lovers :thumbsup:
    Aryan

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  7. Night Rider

Night Rider Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 16, 2018
    She is a beauty David and by the look of it those scales aren't going to loosen up anytime soon. I'm working with some Purple Hartwood scales for a knife I'm making and I have to say that is an absolute pleasure to work with but man this wood makes oak seem like Balsa wood in hardness.

8. eseefreak84

eseefreak84

Apr 21, 2020
    New guy here. Finally joined after years of reading threads. I hope everyone is doing well! Here's to many great convo's!! :D

9. Flinter63

Flinter63

Apr 24, 2020
    Hi I'm new I just joined, I'm located in Ontario and like knives and swords.

10. Aryan29

Aryan29

May 20, 2018
    Welcome to BF,
    imo ‘the place’ for knife related hobby, and a gathering of people having great knowledge and treasure of knives. Cheers :thumbsup:
    Aryan

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  11. Aldermietzel

Aldermietzel

Apr 21, 2020
    Another new member here from the UK! I've always been interested in knives, but over the last year I have found myself rapidly sliding down the slippery slope of knife addiction . It looks like I'm going to learn a lot from you guys

Aryan29 likes this.
  12. Woodyl1001

Woodyl1001

Apr 25, 2020
    I am a newbie to website trying to figure out how to create new thread. I have a knife I want to post pictures of to see if anyone can tell me info of knife. Has now markings just a “banner” or “symbol” on handle

Aryan29 likes this.
  13. Aryan29

Aryan29

May 20, 2018
    Welcome to BF,

I think you have a general idea of what to expect here. Also it gets addicting, and fun. Enjoy :thumbsup:
    Aryan

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    IEN710 and Jason9477 like this.
  14. AML1

AML1

Apr 27, 2020
    First day on the forum. I picked up my first nice knives about 20+ years ago. Then I just settled on mainly Leathermans until a couple months ago. I am determined not to get too crazy but I am on my 3rd knife and just ordered a sharpener. So how few many knives can you have before you have to say you are a collector?

15. MrBedlington

MrBedlington Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 28, 2020
    Hi, I'm Jamie from Wales in the UK, I have always since I was knee-high to a grasshopper had a love for all things sharp, I'm a straight razor restorer, I also hone razors for many straight razor users, I'm pretty well known in straight razor circles, I'm a mentor on the American straight razor forum SRP Straight Razor Palace formerly the Straight Razor Place, I'm also a moderator on their Facebook group.

16. stefo123

stefo123

Jan 23, 2012
    G'Day mates! Throw a shrimp on the Barbie!

17. stefo123

stefo123

Jan 23, 2012
    Eno
    Enough that you forget how many you got!

mjelson, AML1 and Aryan29 like this.
  18. eseefreak84

eseefreak84

Apr 21, 2020
    Thanks Aryan29!

Aryan29 likes this.
  19. jrbfishn

jrbfishn

May 14, 2020
    Looks like I found the right place for NFGs.
    Just joined but I have looked before on Tapatalk.
    I am in Central Texas. Retired last year and have always wanted to make knives. Unfortunatly, I never had much chance. Took up buying blades, putting handles on them and making custom sheaths, both leather and Kydex as well as combination sheaths. I also shoot, hunt, reload, obviously fish as well as make custom rods and soft baits. I am on a couple other forums with the same name.
    Also, If anuone knows how to make this Forum work on tapatalk I would be emensely grateful. It is a lot easier for me than a laptop. I can' seem to get it to work.

Aryan29 likes this.
  20. Aryan29

Aryan29

May 20, 2018
    Welcome
    :thumbsup:

Last edited: May 16, 2020
    IEN710 and Jason9477 like this.