What Cold Steel blade are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'Cold Steel Knives' started by Marneaus, Jan 15, 2019.

1. whp

whp

Apr 26, 2009
    Recon1 spearpoint, cts xhp , today.
    Lawman yesterday.
    Maybe Ultimate Hunter tomorrow.

2. Mitchell Knives

Mitchell Knives Knifemaker Moderator

May 21, 2000
    Immortal in XHP.

3. ursamajor

ursamajor

Oct 27, 2010
    I’ll get some pics up later. Just got an SR1 Tanto. While tuning it, I was thinking about Charlie Mike, and his “Fresno Felon” Spanto mod of the Spartan. Been a little bit since I have been on the boards. Logged in earlier, and learned of his passing. Shocked and saddened to say the least.

Bigfattyt likes this.
  4. upnorth

upnorth Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 25, 2006
    A glance over my left shoulder reveals a Vic Ranger, Esee Izula, Vic Pioneer on a belt hanger, and a C.S. Lonestar.

5. razorburn

razorburn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2007
    CTS-XHP Recon 1 Spear point

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    ronin.graves and jux t like this.
  6. tunerblock

tunerblock

Sep 17, 2013
    [​IMG]

ronin.graves and oxman198 like this.
  7. DShiflet

DShiflet

Jan 25, 2013
    None. I like Cold Steel, and I love collecting their stuff, but for actual carry, I prefer my Spydercos. I don't do hard use with my knives, they're mostly for cutting boxes, opening letters and packages, cutting zip ties, etc. And nor do I carry one for self defense. So for what I do, something like the Native 5 is pretty much perfect.

DunRanull likes this.
  8. Hunter2053

Hunter2053

Feb 17, 2019
    Rajah II and AD10.

9. nephron

nephron Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Nice picture, that 4Max dwarfs the AD 15, didn't realize the 4 Max was so big(never handled one).

10. bladesign

bladesign

Feb 15, 2019
    Todays carry was my 2 newest CS additions:
    AD10
    & Large Espada in coyote tan with XHP steel

nephron likes this.
  11. Roguer

Roguer

Jan 5, 2015
    Just a Code 4 Clip point cts xhp, slim trim and handy for EDC. I found one flaw in the design though, when using it bare handed at -40 degrees your fingers freeze and you have to grab the Recon 1 to finish the job. Won't mind one in the "Down Graded!" S35VN, good to have on in tanto maybe. The Clip Point version is a good one on this knife for some odd reason.

Recon 1 in S35VN, goes in my out side vest or jacket or packet. Need to get another one for hunting pack as is very versatile, maybe clip point for hunting.

In cold weather I end up carrying BOTH.

The Tri-Lock is the main reason I got these knives, strong and more safer for handling for more reassurance. Some one recently whined at me, "Those locks are TOO strong for what they are used for!" I just snapped back, "THAT'S the point!" Eh...IDGIOTS....

Jay R and nephron like this.
  12. tunerblock

tunerblock

Sep 17, 2013
    Thanks
    My 4MAX italien version is flawless just absolutely great made if you into big knives
    it’s one of the best

nephron likes this.
  13. Hunter2053

Hunter2053

Feb 17, 2019
    4Max is a work of art.

14. jjones3211

jjones3211

Nov 9, 2018
    Still carrying my Recon 1 Tanto in the aus8 steel that I have had since 2013. I wish I could post a pic, but I am technologically disabled and can't figure out how to post pics. I have aptly dubbed this knife "Ye Olde Faithful". I have Benchmades, Zero Tolerances, SOGs all of which are good knives but I have always have the Recon 1 on me. Although it is heavily worn and has an outdated steel, it is tried and true. It has saved me from 2 attempted carjackings and an attempted robbery, all of which had multiple assailants. It is because of what I have experienced that I won't ever leave home without it. There are knives with much better steels, but the Recon 1 has been with me through thick and thin. It is the friend you can depend on in a bad situation. Solid spine with a blade that takes a wicked sharp edge and does not rust. The action is tight, has solid lockup that it feels almost like a fixed blade. You couldn't ask for a more reliable knife. I'm not knocking any other brands/companies, nor I am saying Cold Steel makes the best knives. The Recon 1 just happened to with me and in hand when I was in a bad situation. I recently gave a Recon 1 (S35VN version) to a female friend to carry for her protection. I'll never part with my aus8 knife, even though the Recon 1 has since then been upgraded and improved with CTS and S35VN steels. I guess you could say I have a bit of a sentimental attachment with it.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    razorburn, jux t and rdg like this.
  15. oxman198

oxman198

Jun 17, 2013
    This one. Ive been searching high and low for one since they've been disco'd and I finally found one. I really wish CS would at least make this color pattern part of their lineup, maybe offer these as a "premium" line with whatever upgraded steel they are using at the time.
    [​IMG]

ronin.graves, Kels73, willc and 2 others like this.
  16. whp

whp

Apr 26, 2009
    Recon 1 , clip point , xhp today.

jux t likes this.
  17. jux t

jux t Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Same here with green g10 and a Snaggletooth MF wave mod.

18. Jay R

Jay R

Mar 23, 2019
    I have this. What a great knife! It's a bit on the large side, so I don't carry on a daily basis. But there are days, that it finds its way into my pocket.

oxman198 likes this.
  19. dingy

dingy

Feb 19, 2008
    poket bush man is my favorite folder ,and i carry it every day.
    :)

willc likes this.
  20. whp

whp

Apr 26, 2009
    Today, for the first time in a while, I m carrying my Hold Out 2.
    I still don t know why this knife didn t sell better and hang around. Light, thin, and a terrific slicer.

AF and willc like this.