1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 16 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Buck Custom Shop 119 Special lasermarked with the BladeForums logo!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Buck Custom Shop 119, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Apil 20; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What did you use your SAK for today?

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by Edm1, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Edm1

Edm1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2013
    I may have missed it, but I see all the what are you carrying threads and haven’t seen a what did you do with it thread...

Today I changed outlets and light switches in my house. Used my tinker to strip wires and scrape 60 YO paint out of the painted over screw slots.

Storm 8593 and jmh33 like this.
  2. Enkrig

Enkrig

Dec 17, 2015
    I used my Vic Executive to cut fruit (as I do everyday) and the tweezers to remove a splinter.

jmh33 likes this.
  3. jumpstat

jumpstat

Mar 9, 2007
    Personal grooming on my moustache/beard & fingernails using Pioneer X

jmh33 likes this.
  4. Grateful

Grateful Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 5, 2002
    Yesterday I used my Recruit to open a package, slice up a big tomato for lunch then later on to break down some boxes I took to the recycling place.
    Not sure what I will use it for today but it’s still sharp and ready to go. ;)

Storm 8593 and jmh33 like this.
  5. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Last night when I got home I used the Farmer to open the package the two Soldiers came in...

[​IMG]

6. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer

Jul 4, 2017
    Our young paw paw trees are blooming this year for the first time. Yesterday I used the saw on my Walker to trim a branch that was rubbing.

[​IMG]

7. Storm 8593

Storm 8593

Jan 4, 2019
    Used my Spartan to remove a plastic cover on a car seat and replace a plastic insert . Also used the edge of the large flat head to scrape the rough edges off a set of knucklebones for my wife.

jmh33 likes this.
  8. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer

Jul 4, 2017
    Big SAK day yesterday! Used the saw on my Walker to trim a few branches and cut down a mulberry sapling (darn things pop up all over the place), used the blade to harvest some dogwood blossoms to photograph, then got out my Tinker and used the Phillips screwdriver to take down a bluebird house that needs some repair.

9. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    earlier today opened an envelope and tightened a screw
    just now opened a beer :)
    three tools I didn't have to locate because they were in my pocket
    evogrip 11 :thumbsup::thumbsup:

[​IMG]

10. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Over the last couple of days, I have used my Small Tinker to break down some boxes, open a case of Coke to use out of, cut some small branches in the yard, open mail, open a pack a batteries, limited scraping of some paint, open bags of mulch and fertilizer, cut the plastic on a "tv dinner", and cut some plants out that were rooted through the plastic six pack. The knife gets used every day for something.

Grateful, redsparrow, 315 and 2 others like this.
  11. Storm 8593

Storm 8593

Jan 4, 2019
    Used the large screwdriver to get stones out of my boot tread, and to tighten a battery case on my sons led torch. Used knife to open threaded rod packets on the jobsite

redsparrow, 315 and jmh33 like this.