What did you use your SAK for today?

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by Edm1, Apr 8, 2019.

1. pa knifeguy

pa knifeguy Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Wilfred, looks like you've got a faithful old friend there.
    Love to see knives with good honest wear.
    New stuff is boring.

sonofwilfred, ScottK and Welshie12 like this.
  2. sonofwilfred

sonofwilfred Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 23, 2015
    It is a shame to see knives not used the Swiss army knife is built to last having said that, I have a Swiss Champ put away that my wife gave me the day before our wedding....I did carry it in church at my wedding :). I got my groomsmen an alox each. I'm glad to say they use them.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  3. pa knifeguy

pa knifeguy Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2004
    I gave my groomsmen Vic money clips

PeaceInOurTime and sonofwilfred like this.
  4. sonofwilfred

Jul 23, 2015
    [​IMG]
    We cut the packaging off our new washing machine

5. allenC

allenC

Jun 18, 2000
    I trimmed my right hand thumb nail to remove a bur that was catching on my clothes/
    And I tightened a Phillip's screw on an outlet in the kitchen with the screwdriver/can opener.

6. sickpuppy1

sickpuppy1 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 27, 2018
    picking my teeth.

allenC and PeaceInOurTime like this.
  7. sonofwilfred

Jul 23, 2015
    [​IMG]
    I cut my Sunday lunch while spraying the weeds around the walnuts

8. The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

Jan 31, 2020
    I normally don’t carry one but I found a knock off leatherman in a drawer somewhere and decided to carry it today.
    I get to work and find that my can opener seemed to somehow just walk off. I opened 3 #10 cans of black beans with the manual opener on my Multi-Tool.
    It REALLY saved my butt today. I would have lost money today had I not arbitrarily put it in my pocket.
    A couple days ago I ordered a Wave plus and I can already tell it was a great investment.

9. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    Not SAK but my Leatherman T4 has been cutting things, drilling holes with awl and evening edges with the file this week at work... oh, and also trimmed my fingernails today that started to bug me. It’s quite hard to justify carrying ”plain knife” with this much utility.

10. mitch13

mitch13 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 3, 2004
    Used mine a bit, the pliers on my ranger grip are very handy, picking up dicarded tissues and rubbish, teenagers are the worst shot, always missing the bin.
    Cut up some boxes, opened some bags and sliced up dried cow's ear for the dog.

PeaceInOurTime and redsparrow like this.
  11. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    We recently remodeled our home, and had to move out for a couple months and all of our stuff went into storage, including my can opener.

We are back in the house, and I began cooking up some spaghetti gravy, and discovered I had no can opener!

Out came my trusty Vic Waiter, and saved the day opening 6 cans of stewed tomatoes, a can of tomato sauce, and a can of tomato paste. Then, I needed to open a bottle of merlot (I use that in my sauce) and of course, the nice corkscrew was in a box somewhere. Vic Waiter to the rescue again!!

Made me smile, actually, and I wanted to post it here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

best

mqqn

12. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    That waiter looks like it’s seen some use over the years:thumbsup::thumbsup:

sonofwilfred and mqqn like this.
  13. jmh33

jmh33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Used the flat screwdriver/opener on my Small Tinker to replace the battery in my Moms door bell.. Popped the button housing off the door frame then popped the battery out.. Replaced the battery then reinstalled the button housing back on the door frame.. Job Done!!:D
    John

14. mushka

mushka

Jun 27, 2018
    So far today I opened a package from SMKW.

pa knifeguy, PeaceInOurTime and jmh33 like this.
  15. sonofwilfred

Jul 23, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Can opener is great for tightening and loosening my grinder lock nut.

16. sonofwilfred

Jul 23, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Under close supervision I used my sak to teach my son safe use of a handy tool

17. Edm1

Edm1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2013
    I changed license plates on my wife car and cut weathertech floormats to fit her car.

18. sonofwilfred

Jul 23, 2015
  19. marsturm

marsturm Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Used my SAK Alox Cadet to slice an apple at lunch and to open the mail and discover that my AT&T TV, Internet, and Phone bill increased another 7.13% from last month!

20. sonofwilfred

Jul 23, 2015
    I was going to "like" your post but nobody likes bills