1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What do you regret selling/trading?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Hermit_Knight, Jun 28, 2018.

1. JBoone

JBoone Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Can’t get myself to sell even though I am trying. I think I would not regret any I chose to sell but just seems like too much hassle ;)

2. Skidoosh

Skidoosh Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Spyderco k390 Mule with custom micarta scales and kydex sheath I made. It was the sharpest cutting knife I had. I didn't get that much to justify selling it. I actually contacted the buyer to see if it was still around.

3. HammondC3NordD5

HammondC3NordD5

Dec 26, 2017
    Too many to mention but a Mel Pardue handmade inter frame auto,Damascus blade,mokume
    frame,yellow lip pearl inserts comes to mind.Also a sand shark D/A OTF.

4. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Oh boy, too long of a list...

But, my full set of e-handle Busses and an old Socom Elite with anopeen blade finish would be on it.

5. Seesteel

Seesteel Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2018
    dunce.jpg
    Nope, nope. I don't even wanna think about it.

specgrade likes this.
  6. wroughndt

wroughndt Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Jake Hoback Bowie..... bought and sold hundreds of knives, this is the only one that haunts me.

7. specgrade

specgrade Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Benchmade LFK. I got as a gift and sold it to pay bills, along with a few other knives. :oops:

8. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    Nothing really. I've learned that if I didn't like something then enough to hold to it, I won't like it again.

..except for some old discontinued goodies from early days. :D

9. HOKIE_FAN

HOKIE_FAN

Aug 7, 2010
    Microtech Combat Troodon with a Bowie satin blade.

No trade regrets because I got an awesome knife in trade..... BUT damn I miss that knife.
    [​IMG]

10. Comeuppance

Comeuppance Fixed Blade EDC Emisssary Gold Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Kershaw RAM and Echelon. Pretty fun little knives. Although, really, the journey of discovering what I do and do not like in a knife has taken years and would not have been feasible if I didn’t sell or trade to recoup the expenses. I feel like my current lineup is worth having let a few go that I probably should have held on to.

11. marchone

marchone Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2013
    An early 90s Polkowski and a Dozier Professional Guide's Knife made about the same time. Not because I miss the knives but because the buyer was a douche.

12. Ivantheterrible76

Ivantheterrible76

Feb 11, 2015
    Hinderer fatty harpoon , Morrf 4 , chaves 228 , Emerson Hattin , Emerson Persian.

13. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Should not have sold/traded away my zdp-189 Delica and Dragonfly for cheap:(

14. Boxer .45

Boxer .45 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Lots of stuff. Unfortunately it cost me twice because I ended up replacing it eventually. I've sold two dragonfly IIs and wish I had one now. :rolleyes:

15. Heirphoto

Heirphoto Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 13, 2007
    I regret selling probably half of the knives I have sold. I have also repurchased about a third of the models I have sold.....a few to resell and purchase yet again. I think I have owned a BM 940 3 or 4 times now

16. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

May 14, 2012
    I cant think of any knife ive sold or given away that i have regretted in 27 years. Lol.
    Had a huge collection...its down to a quarter size now.